Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am preeeetttty sure I got ripped off with mine, but I sort of don't care THAT much... We have a Harley and needed a sissy bar, so we went back to the dealership we got it at to get the hardware we'd need. They just so happened to have a used 300 there and I was STOKED... It was a 2018 300 with ABS with only 680 miles. They had it listed at $4,991.00. I talked to a friend who (we didnt know it was ABS at the time) said to try and wiggle them down to $3k.... I couldn't get them to bring it down that far, but they went down to $4,000 because they said that they'd be able to sell it at auction for that much. I kept saying for them to at least drop to $3,500 but nope. I wanted it pretty badly, so I stupidly went ahead and did it... I was more upset that they charged me a $499 "prep fee" on top of the $4k despite them "not being able to do anything to it", even an oil change.

So, after all of that rant... I got out at nearly $4,700 or so.. I love, love love the bike so I don't FULLY regret it, but I bet I could have gotten a 2020 300 ABS for close to that cost. :| View attachment 32100

I'm looking at a 2020 300 non ABS for $5,297 out the door right now and wondering if I'm getting a good price. Those fees (assembly/prep, Destination, Admin fees are $1,000)!

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
152 Posts
My 2019 300 (non ABS, which I didn't want anyway) was just a bit over $5,000 out the door with a small military discount a couple of months ago in Phoenix AZ.

·
Registered
Rebel 500 ABS
7 Posts
2020 500 ABS, no accessories, 7k OTD.

Purchased in large city experiencing near COVID lockdown in June. 2020s with ABS were hard to find and the price seemed fair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid AU$10,250 on the road in Australia for the 500 ABS (Special - brown leather seat and pillion, fork covers and boots and a headlight cowl). That's about $7,500 in your "freedom" dollars.

This included 1 year registration, compulsary third party insurance and 2 years warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
17 Posts
I financed my bike for 5 years. I paid more because the dealer I went to charged a destination fee, freight, and set up which came out to almost 1,000 which I was told we subjective based on the bike I buy. I live in CA. If I finance it through my 5 years I'll have ended up paying 9500, this is including tax, license, and my down payment. I don't plan on paying this bike no more than 2 years so I'll probably be between 8,000-8500 total. I probably got ripped off but I got the bike I wanted (2020 Honda Rebel 500 w/ ABS) and my monthly payment is only $142. I probably would have gotten a better deal if I did a cash deal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I financed my bike for 5 years. I paid more because the dealer I went to charged a destination fee, freight, and set up which came out to almost 1,000 which I was told we subjective based on the bike I buy. I live in CA. If I finance it through my 5 years I'll have ended up paying 9500, this is including tax, license, and my down payment. I don't plan on paying this bike no more than 2 years so I'll probably be between 8,000-8500 total. I probably got ripped off but I got the bike I wanted (2020 Honda Rebel 500 w/ ABS) and my monthly payment is only $142. I probably would have gotten a better deal if I did a cash deal.
You don't always get a better deal with cash. Some dealers would rather you finance through Honda Finance since the dealer can get incentives with each deal they finance.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
17 Posts
You don't always get a better deal with cash. Some dealers would rather you finance through Honda Finance since the dealer can get incentives with each deal they finance.
True. I did get financed through Honda tho. I see a lot of people paid way less than I did for the same bike. Not sure where everyone is located as I'm sure thats a factor as well.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500
2 Posts
I just got a 2019 Rebel 500 (no abs) for $6463. I got the Honda financing, but I'll probably pay that off early. And I did get talked into extending the warranty to 5 years for an extra $399. I probably got ripped off on the $399. Ripped off or not, I've got a Rebel 500 in the garage. I'm psyched!!

·
Registered
in progress
26 Posts
I just got a 2019 Rebel 500 (no abs) for $6463. I got the Honda financing, but I'll probably pay that off early. And I did get talked into extending the warranty to 5 years for an extra $399. I probably got ripped off on the $399. Ripped off or not, I've got a Rebel 500 in the garage. I'm psyched!!
New 2020 Rebel 500 ABS with USB,engine guard passenger seat, rear shelf, license holder, full tank and delivered to the house, one year guarantee, 1 year class A insurance and 1 year roadside assist..... Total cost $7000...... non negotiable! lol

·
Registered
in progress
26 Posts
New 2020 Rebel 500 ABS with USB,engine guard passenger seat, rear shelf, license holder, full tank and delivered to the house, one year guarantee, 1 year class A insurance and 1 year roadside assist..... Total cost $7000...... non negotiable! lol
Oh, and helmet lock.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts