Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just got my seat from Zeed in the mail today and while it looks great, I'm having some issues installing it.

First of all, I didn't know that in order to install the passenger portion you need the brackets from the stock passenger seat. It didn't say that on the website and I don't have them. So that renders 1 out of 2 seats inoperable.

So I went on to install the main seat since that's all I need right now anyway. But it's pretty apparent that the holes don't line up to where the bolt needs to go to attach the seat at all. When the seat is in place, the bracket sits about 1/2-3/4 inch above where it needs to be. Even when applying pressure to get it to sit flush, the holes don't line up at all. The seat won't slide back to allow them to line up or anything. I've been messing with this thing for longer than I'd like to admit and I'd like to think I'm fairly mechanically inclined.

I've attached pictures to show what I'm talking about. Has anyone else had this issue? I emailed Zeed, but they're not back to the office until the 18th due to their New Year. I could maybe drill holes that would line up, but I don't want to try that, have it not work, and have Zeed not accept it as a return then.

Help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Burch,

Could you make an adapter with offset holes for the front seat?

I was one of the early experimenters with Thai seats. I had to make an bracket for the rear attachment. I am not sure where the bracket is at the moment or I would send you a picture.

I did end up sending the seat back because the surface was too slick.

Kenny G

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Burch,

Could you make an adapter with offset holes for the front seat?

I was one of the early experimenters with Thai seats. I had to make an bracket for the rear attachment. I am not sure where the bracket is at the moment or I would send you a picture.

I did end up sending the seat back because the surface was too slick.

Kenny G
I had thought about trying that, but can't exactly picture in my head what it would look like or what I could easily make it out of. Where the hole is and where the hole needs to be overlap each other slightly. So I'm afraid if I drill out a new hole where it needs to be, it won't be as strong since I will have essentially just made the original hole twice as big. If you find a picture of your bracket I'd definitely be interested in seeing it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey everyone! I just got my seat from Zeed in the mail today and while it looks great, I'm having some issues installing it.

First of all, I didn't know that in order to install the passenger portion you need the brackets from the stock passenger seat. It didn't say that on the website and I don't have them. So that renders 1 out of 2 seats inoperable.

So I went on to install the main seat since that's all I need right now anyway. But it's pretty apparent that the holes don't line up to where the bolt needs to go to attach the seat at all. When the seat is in place, the bracket sits about 1/2-3/4 inch above where it needs to be. Even when applying pressure to get it to sit flush, the holes don't line up at all. The seat won't slide back to allow them to line up or anything. I've been messing with this thing for longer than I'd like to admit and I'd like to think I'm fairly mechanically inclined.

I've attached pictures to show what I'm talking about. Has anyone else had this issue? I emailed Zeed, but they're not back to the office until the 18th due to their New Year. I could maybe drill holes that would line up, but I don't want to try that, have it not work, and have Zeed not accept it as a return then.

Help!
Burch, it looks as if I have the same seat as you only different color. I agree with your assessment, and although it won't help you right now, I noted in my post that the rear seat bracket was needed to use this model rear pad. (luckily I still had my original honda rear seat) I also agree it should've been made known that you need the bracket for installation.
However for the front seat, I had the same issue as you, my solution, as you alluded to was to drill the holes slightly larger to get the bolts to fit.
It fits without issue now and hasn't moved since installation. I realize this isn't ideal, but it wasn't enough to make me want to send back, or not use it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Burch,

The best I can remember was I made the bracket out of 2 strips of aluminum about an inch wide an 1'8" thick. I curved the one piece, before I cut it to length, to match the radius of the fender. The other piece was bored to match the holes in the seat. The 2 pieces were fastened together with button head Allen screws.

I will look around my shop tomorrow and see if I can find it. I will take a couple of pics and post for you and if you want I can mail the one that I made to you.

Kenny G

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update- I just bit the bullet and decided to drill holes that actually line up. The seat attaches just fine now, and even though there's the 1/2" gap I was still able to tighten the seat down all the way. Looks much better than stock, raises the seat height a bit, and seems to be more comfortable. We'll see how it is when I get to take it out.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts