Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YSS SHOCKS fitted at last!
Very impressed with the quality of these gas shocks. Only had about an hour ride with them today so will need to tweak them a little to match them to my weight! Definitely a huge upgrade on the originals and I can lower the bike a little if I want with the adjustment at the bottom end. (see photo)
they also do piggyback shocks if that's your thing, but I think they change the bobber look of the bike and are very eye catching for theft!

Fork upgrade kit to fit next weekend plus exhaust cone by Uk manufacturer
GP

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just curious how you like the shocks and if you have seens any noticeable difference over the stock ones?
I am considering getting the piggy back version of these. To be honest the biggest reason being when I have a passenger you can def see a big difference in the stock shocks performance and they get kind of rough.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just curious how you like the shocks and if you have seens any noticeable difference over the stock ones?
I am considering getting the piggy back version of these. To be honest the biggest reason being when I have a passenger you can def see a big difference in the stock shocks performance and they get kind of rough.
I've been running them for a few months myself and there is a definite improvement of stock. They are more stable and responsive no doubt. If you were going to ride two up you also have a much more adjustability to offset the extra rider. I personally don't ride with a passenger but with some preload and rebound tweaking they should handle it fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been running them for a few months myself and there is a definite improvement of stock. They are more stable and responsive no doubt. If you were going to ride two up you also have a much more adjustability to offset the extra rider. I personally don't ride with a passenger but with some preload and rebound tweaking they should handle it fine.
where did you buy yours from?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just got a set of these yss rear shocks used, but I didn't get the paper work or instructions for the adjustments.

I know how to adjust the springs, but not the dampener knob on bottom and screw on top.
Any one have the instruction paper work they could post or email?

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
The YSS RZ362-285TRL rear shocks I bought on ebay used are no good.

I printed the instructions for the yss rz362-285trl shocks from the yss.co.th web site and adjusted per the instructions and they are not adjusting.

Took the bike for several rides, trying to adjust shocks.

Before each ride the spring pre load was adjusted by turning the ring with lock allen screw on top of the springs. When I got the shocks the spring pre load was turned almost all the way down. I started back near the top where it should be.

Also adjusted the rebound knobs on the bottom of shocks per instructions. the rebound knob doesn't seem to work as instructions state it should.

I think I was sold a faulty pair of shocks. Even bought used, stating only 200 miles on them, they should work or adjust properly.

BEWARE when buying anything used on ebay. Now I have to deal with trying to return for a refund.

If you want a pair of these shocks buy them new. I thought I was getting a deal. Should have known better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts