Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Ladies,

Long time no post but I've followed your progress every now and again.

As some of you know, I upgraded the 500ABS for a 2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF100AL. Had that for some months and I was enjoying every minute on it, AND THEN!

Honda Australia decided to release the 2019 Honda Monkey 125.

Well, I figured that using a 1000cc adventure bike to go to the shops for milk, newspaper, jerky etc was a waste, but what if I had a super adaptable local bike to do that. So now my garage has two Hondas.

Here's my new "local runabout":

And this is the big guy who I named "Beasty McBeast":

And here's a couple of shots I took while they were chatting:

While I enjoyed my Rebel time here, I've found just the same sense of brotherhood exists on Africa Twin and Monkey forums, but I have to admit, the Rebel forum is much busier, and has a lot more input than the others I've found.

It's great to see some of the old hands keeping the place under control and even though I'm not part of the "Rebel Riders" any more, I enjoy hitting the forum every now and again to see how you're all progressing.

BTW, who likes the rear light array on the Monkey (non-US version)?

Why couldn't have Honda done something like that for the Rebel?

Oh well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's sad in a way that the Honda forums are spread out because there are so many good motorcycles!

How was the experience going from Rebel 500 to the Africa Twin monster? Power, ride, handling, etc. I'm hankering for an African Twin, or perhaps a CB500x to get a little more upright and stretch out more. However, i want to keep the Rebel 500 to commute on and short hops especially for a little while. There are some killer deals to be had around here for 2017 AT bikes at the moment, and the 18s had some big upgrades, i just don't know if is enough to worry over. I'm guessing the CB500X is a Rebel in a different package, more or less?
Enough rambling, great looking motorcycles!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Jim, nice to hear from you.

Now you've had the AT for a while, how do you think that engine would go in a 1000cc version of a Rebel as has been rumoured?

Cheers

·
Registered
814 Posts
I saw a lot of people saying bad stuff about the Monkey when it was first released. Calling it ugly and stuff.
I myself think it is awesome. I really want one but with my quad and motorcycle already taking up my garage my wife would kill me.

It is based on the same engine as the Grom right?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Love that Monkey! Now I want one for my garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts