Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a gated community where all of the lawns are irrigated. Most of the homeowners do not have the sprinkler heads adjusted properly and every morning when leaving The Ranch I have had water getting sprayed from the front tire onto the exhaust pipes and the front of the engine. For quite sometime I have been looking for an Xtenda Fenda to no avail. Good news for all of our British Riders; www.bobsbikestuff.co.uk has the Xtenda in stock and will ship almost any place, including the U.S.A..... Use Discount Code RTNBYR10 ans get 10% off.

The first thing that I have purchased in a while that has adequate instructions. I did not remove the fender to install the Xtenda, but I followed the rest of the instructions for No Drill Installation. You must allow 12 hours for the adhesive on the Xtenda to cure and then remove the clamps and you are ready to ride..

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Hmm, please post your experience with this after some use Kenny, might be interested getting one myself it it actually helps.
It is bothersome to get soaked from the knee and down when it's wet...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Checked out the link in the post, they sell 2 versions, one that requires drilling holes for plastic rivets.

Def one of the better extentions that I’ve seen, others have been drilled & fixed using bolts, horrible.

I’m waiting for someone to develop a retractable rain extention for a short rear fender. Wishful thinking!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmm, please post your experience with this after some use Kenny, might be interested getting one myself it it actually helps.
It is bothersome to get soaked from the knee and down when it's wet...

I was wondering why my legs were getting soaked on this bike with only a little rain since didn’t have this problem on my first bike. Definitely want to hear how this performs.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Def one of the better extentions that I’ve seen, others have been drilled & fixed using bolts, horrible.

I’m waiting for someone to develop a retractable rain extention for a short rear fender. Wishful thinking!
The Foam Tape that is included with the Fenda really sticks and I will keep an eye on it to make sure it stays stuck after riding in the rain a few times.

Kenny G

:surprise:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on Extenda Fenda

We have had a lot of rain throughout North Texas for the past week and today was the first clear sunny day.

I did ride today for a few hours, I went through numerous puddles and small wet areas and when I returned home I found that I have no water spots or dirty water stains on the headers or the front of the radiator or engine.

I don't yet know how effective the Extenda will be in rain, but it works for the purpose I intended it for...

Kenny G

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kenny:

Can you post a picture of the bike further away so we can see what the extenda fender looks like as far as appearance goes and asthetics of the bike after the install?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kenny:

Can you post a picture of the bike further away so we can see what the extenda fender looks like as far as appearance goes and asthetics of the bike after the install?

Thank you in advance!
Here you go.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10 months later the Stikum stopped holding.

I washed my 500 today and when I shot the stream of water up under the fender I noticed that the Xtenda is loose.
I pulled the Xtenda off and the Stikum Tape is all covered with grit. Back to the drawering board.

Kenny G

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kaptor,

It is the OEM seat with 3 inches of additional foam and a custom rolled and pleated vinyl cover.
The work was performed by a local automotive upholstery shop for $162.00.
I am going to have a new cover made with black vinyl and red stitching. I am having some lower back issues so I am going to have a gel pad put at the very back where my tail bone rests against the seat.

The reason for the 3 inches of foam is to accommodate my 6' 170 LB all American size. Bikes are no longer made for what used to be your basic average American male.
Bikes are now made for Asians, women, midgets and dwarfs and anyone that can afford to make payments. LOL

Kenny G

·
Registered
167 Posts
At 5'10" and 300lbs I don't consider myself any of those, I just want both feet on the ground and stiffer springs lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If your seat were mine, Kenny, I would consider a cut-out for your coccyx (tailbone). A heart shaped rear edge would give effect to this. My seat mods have this.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If your seat were mine, Kenny, I would consider a cut-out for your coccyx (tailbone). A heart shaped rear edge would give effect to this. My seat mods have this.
With the frame sitting up so high it is hard to get enough thickness at the back for a cutout.
I expect to have back surgery sometime soon to repair a missing disc and I want the gel pad and would like another inch of foam at the back if possible.
Kenny G

1 - 20 of 30 Posts