Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The voltage regulator i was waiting for came in, so wired up my Garmin gps to the accessory connector behind the headlight. Thanks to everyone who answered questions along the way! (and those who already did it and posted pix)
Final pic is a generalization of where it will go, i'm still waiting for the mirror adapters so i know where both will be mounted compared to each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
forgot to take pic. mounted the box under the speedometer with wire ties. it'll be obscured by the windscreen once i attach that anyway.
takes 12v in, and outputs 5v to the gps side
My Gawd that thing is huge. How many amps does the GPS need? You can probably get away with something like this step down module
Obviously it's exposed but that's an easy fix.

Also, is the accessory connector always on when you turn on the ignition like the headlight?

·
Registered
306 Posts
My Gawd that thing is huge. How many amps does the GPS need? You can probably get away with something like this step down module
Obviously it's exposed but that's an easy fix.

Also, is the accessory connector always on when you turn on the ignition like the headlight?
My thoughts exactly, there's no need for these huge boxes, especially when space is as tight as it is on the Rebel.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ryan-the gps only uses 1amp. and yes the connector powers on/off with the key / ignition. I didn't mind (for now) the box is about 3x2x1.5" it fit just in the spot below the speedometer (From front view). you really don't notice it now, and once i put the cowl/windscreen on it'll be virtually hidden.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ryan-the gps only uses 1amp. and yes the connector powers on/off with the key / ignition. I didn't mind (for now) the box is about 3x2x1.5" it fit just in the spot below the speedometer (From front view). you really don't notice it now, and once i put the cowl/windscreen on it'll be virtually hidden.
The link I posted can provide [email protected] Your brick can power an XBOX1 and a small 32" screen just in case you ever want to play GTA in real life on your bike :grin2:
If you mind it and can hide it that's cool, keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts