Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Windshield or no windshield?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
My 2 cents;
Now that the 1100 is showing up more things in the Rebel World are changing. Each model represents 1/3 of it.

The 1100 has plenty of power to push bigger windshields so size has little impact. More senior age group (just a guess) riders who want more function and are OK with how that changes the "looks". Example, I like riding on a clear day at 40degrees F, a windshield really is needed. A windshield if properly fitted has the rider looking over the top not through it so should not be in the way. Windshields and LOOKS can go together depending on one's point of view. I doubt people will say your Rebel without a windshield is dirty/ugly and Vice Versa. Gotta have it is reasonable if you ride a lot at high speed freeway roads for extended time as opposed to staying local or 2 lane mountain roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my humble opinion a large windshield completely ruins the look of the bike...

I ended up getting a small National Cycle Flyscreen (smoked, all black). I find it's good enough to deflect air away from your chest. Trouble is, that deflected air probably isn't going above your helmet. If you don't have a full-face it may not be a good idea.

In terms of looks, I think it's discreet enough and fits the overall theme...you can barely tell there is one. View attachment 31715 View attachment 31713 View attachment 31714
What make of engine guard is that please? I like the fact that you can ride 'feet forward' if you wish.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A screen totally destroys the joy of a Japanese beetle hitting you in the nipple at 65 mph (105 Kph)

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
561 Posts
I rather not get hit with pebbles.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Photo taken at a funny angle. The windscreen is not cocked forward as it appears in the photo.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
578 Posts
What make of engine guard is that please? I like the fact that you can ride 'feet forward' if you wish.
T Rex Racing frame guards. I don't think you'll be able to ride feet forward safely on them. In my case, my feet don't even fit in the grooves, and the shifter/brake levers will get in the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
T Rex Racing frame guards. I don't think you'll be able to ride feet forward safely on them. In my case, my feet don't even fit in the grooves, and the shifter/brake levers will get in the way.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info - that is very helpful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it depends on the type of riding you do. If it's a lot of highway riding having a windshield will make the riding less tiresome. It also offers some protection from road objects. An easily detachable windshield would seem to be the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
42 Posts
I've got the Honda headlight cowl on my 500, that's the most I would want for a windshield.

They look tacky IMO.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts