Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Windshield or no windshield?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pros and cons of windshield?

Less aerodynamic? Looks? I live in Wisconsin and might get bugs here and there during riding season, but I could see how a windshield could be aesthetically pleasing or out of place on this bike.

Encouraged to post pictures of your windshield setup!

If yay on the windshield, please suggest a good windshield for the Rebel series!

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
578 Posts
In my humble opinion a large windshield completely ruins the look of the bike...

I ended up getting a small National Cycle Flyscreen (smoked, all black). I find it's good enough to deflect air away from your chest. Trouble is, that deflected air probably isn't going above your helmet. If you don't have a full-face it may not be a good idea.

In terms of looks, I think it's discreet enough and fits the overall theme...you can barely tell there is one.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have 2 actually. the Puig, which is useful for highway riding, and long distance when you do'nt want to get fatigued. But I don't like the looks very much. however for everyday riding I leave my Dart installed. doesn't deflect as much obviously, but I think it looks much better on the bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my humble opinion a large windshield completely ruins the look of the bike...

I ended up getting a small National Cycle Flyscreen (smoked, all black). I find it's good enough to deflect air away from your chest. Trouble is, that deflected air probably isn't going above your helmet. If you don't have a full-face it may not be a good idea.

In terms of looks, I think it's discreet enough and fits the overall theme...you can barely tell there is one. View attachment 31715 View attachment 31713 View attachment 31714

That exhaust is sick. What is that? It looks like a friggin' doobie! xD Badass.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 2 actually. the Puig, which is useful for highway riding, and long distance when you do'nt want to get fatigued. But I don't like the looks very much. however for everyday riding I leave my Dart installed. doesn't deflect as much obviously, but I think it looks much better on the bike.
Kinda thinking I want to buy some twisty nuts just for easy swapping now.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300A/2020 CB500F A
578 Posts
That exhaust is sick. What is that? It looks like a friggin' doobie! xD Badass.
TBR in Ceramic Black. Probably the single loudest exhaust slip-on ever made...and likely the most expensive (overpriced).

Bruh, do a few searches on exhausts on here (and any other kind of mod you can imagine) there's literally a sea of info to help you spend money faster than you can blink 😂

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TBR in Ceramic Black. Probably the single loudest exhaust slip-on ever made...and likely the most expensive (overpriced).

Bruh, do a few searches on exhausts on here (and any other kind of mod you can imagine) there's literally a sea of info to help you spend money faster than you can blink 😂
I've dropped over a grand on my bike these past two days >.<

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
got that right :sneaky:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Like @SC48 says, small, just enough to stream and smooth air around instrument cluster; original meter windscreen helps a ton with faster riding- without any it is pain to ride any faster than, say 120km/h for longer periods...

·
Registered
214 Posts
While I do think a large windshield doesn't compliment the overall aesthetics of the bike it definitely helps riding on the highway. I started off with a Dart Flyscreen, and while it looks awesome it only moved the wind from my chest to my head. I then put a windshield extender on top and it worked well, but now the whole thing was stupid.

I since bought a Memphis Shades shield. I usually don't like most of their styles but the Pop Top works for me. I can take it on and off in seconds and it's not as painful to look at as the other large
windshields. It makes highway riding so much better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While I do think a large windshield doesn't compliment the overall aesthetics of the bike it definitely helps riding on the highway. I started off with a Dart Flyscreen, and while it looks awesome it only moved the wind from my chest to my head. I then put a windshield extender on top and it worked well, but now the whole thing was stupid.

I since bought a Memphis Shades shield. I usually don't like most of their styles but the Pop Top works for me. I can take it on and off in seconds and it's not as painful to look at as the other large

. View attachment 31729 View attachment 31730 View attachment 31731 View attachment 31732

I really like your seat, I have two separate ones. What seat is that?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
The Honda screen is a nice fit for the bike but too expensive as a standalone purchase (IMHO) although great if thrown in by the dealer as a purchase incentive.
I've the Dart Piranha flyscreen, probably one of the smallest mass produced UK screens available for the Rebel but it's enough to keep the wind off my torso without being big enough to create turbulence above the shoulders. So you see it but don't hear it.

·
Registered
193 Posts

. View attachment 31729 View attachment 31730 View attachment 31731 View attachment 31732
Got any pictures of it not mounted curious to see what the hardware looks like. Thanks.

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi, where can I get that windshield? Amazon?

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 20 of 29 Posts