1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Look for the link under a member's name to go to their garage, assuming they've made it public.
Yeah I found it in a couple of minutes, just didn't wan to come back and admit my dumbazzery, but then YOU had to point it out lolol.
S'all good.
That's the screen I want to try first ( but having trouble finding it outside the UK ), I want to start small and only go up if I need to, I like the seemingly robust mounting for the Rebel.
BTW: I'm 300lbs and had the Reb up to 80mph on level ground, I'm kind of impressed and it wasn't quite topped-out yet but the chest wind made me back off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a Memphis Shades Big Shot windshield and Viking saddlebags. Both on removable brackets since I only want them on longer trips.

Hi tdeffler, how tall are you and how do you find that windshield? I’m looking for one of the Memphis shade sport shields, just trying to decide on which one. Need one for the highway driving, the wind is killing me, need something to push it up over my head. I’m 6’ tall. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hi tdeffler, how tall are you and how do you find that windshield? I’m looking for one of the Memphis shade sport shields, just trying to decide on which one. Need one for the highway driving, the wind is killing me, need something to push it up over my head. I’m 6’ tall. Thanks.

Make sure that you get a windshield that is tall enough.

Kenny G

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is this tall enough to make the wind noise less for you? I'm 4 feet 11 inches a micro dude, LOL! I think this one will work well for me.
I have a Slipstreamer falcon windshield easy disconnect, if you want to remove and leave mounting brackets
They have a 16" and a 20", the 16 might work for your height
I have the 20" and look through the shield about 1-2" from the top
Good wind protection
I also use with Rifle lowers

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hi Jayman.

Well, I'm 6' tall but it's ALL torso (my inseam is only 29"). I find the windshield height good. Great would be 1" taller. All the wind pressure comes off my body but I get a slight bit of turbulence on the top of my helmet. Not bad but I can feel it.

If you're a more normally proportioned person, I think it would take the wind right over your helmet. If it slouch a little, it does for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That’s great to know, thank you for the reply, just ordered it. The measuring from my headlight up puts it right in around that 19 1/2” mark for me so it should be great. I’ll keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts