Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Why no Rebel 500 SE in the US?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Vardeno 
#1 ·
I wish they would sell this version here in the US. The standard version looks okay but the bike looks 10x better with the headlight cowl, fork covers and gaitors. I ordered those items and will have my dealer install them. The cowl install probably isn't that hard but I don't have the tools to install the fork covers and gators. I hate chrome/shinny metal, I want to see as little of it as possible.

#5 ·
I don't think there is any difference between the SE and the standard ABS version beyond the fork covers/gaitors, headlight cowl, stitched seat, and the rear passenger seat w/foot pegs. These things are purely cosmetic except for the rear seat. I have never seen any difference in the look or function of the engine between any recent Rebel 500 models.

#9 ·
Yeah SE is available in the US as other mentioned, but not in Canada (maybe that's where you initially found out), so I had to get the base model and the accessories like you did to make it SE haha.

Our base models come with passenger seat and pegs though.

#10 ·
Yeah SE is available in the US as other mentioned, but not in Canada (maybe that's where you initially found out), so I had to get the base model and the accessories like you did to make it SE haha.

Our base models come with passenger seat and pegs though.
Yeah I don't get it. The SE models here in the US don't have the passenger pegs or seat but they did/do when sold in other countries. I just installed the headlight cowl. It was fairly simple for the most part. Hardest part was taking those big screws out where the fork coupler (or what ever you call it) is:

I have the fork covers and boots, but don't have the tools to install them as that involves removing the forks. I'll leave that to my dealer when I bring it in for the initial servicing. The seat should be fairly easy to replace. But I'm hearing the screws on the rear fender are exceptionally difficult to remove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.