Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rebel has the same motor as three other Hondas that all came with tachs, not to mention MPG as well. Why didn’t we get one? I’m thinking about buying the gauge cluster off a CBR500 and plugging it into the Rebel to see what comes up. Has anyone done this? It looks like the same connection.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
The Rebel has the same motor as three other Hondas that all came with tachs, not to mention MPG as well. Why didn’t we get one? I’m thinking about buying the gauge cluster off a CBR500 and plugging it into the Rebel to see what comes up. Has anyone done this? It looks like the same connection.
Then you clearly didn't get the memo from Honda about what the Rebel is supposed to be... It's a bobber ish bike.. When was the last time you saw a bobber with any of this?
The Rebel is a modern twist on a "retro" idea of a bike.
So in shortness, the Rebel isn't supposed to have any of it...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Once you put an exhaust and get used to the sound of your engine and learn the shift points...you really don't need the tachometer.
But it's all personal preference. I like the clean look of not having a ton of gauges.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then you clearly didn't get the memo from Honda about what the Rebel is supposed to be... It's a bobber ish bike.. When was the last time you saw a bobber with any of this?
The Rebel is a modern twist on a "retro" idea of a bike.
So in shortness, the Rebel isn't supposed to have any of it...
I suppose you're right, but I still am interested in seeing some RPMs. 6th gear seems way too low still. We need a 7th.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once you put an exhaust and get used to the sound of your engine and learn the shift points...you really don't need the tachometer.
But it's all personal preference. I like the clean look of not having a ton of gauges.
Yeah, I already have a bike with no gauges though. I bought a brand new bike because I wanted bells and whistles, but I only got bells, no whistles. I think the current gauge would have been cooler with some digital bars goin around the rim. Why do we even get a circle if it only displays a rectangle?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I suppose you're right, but I still am interested in seeing some RPMs. 6th gear seems way too low still. We need a 7th.
Agreed , many times I throw a shift thinking there is one more gear to go and I'm topped off... usually around 50 or 55 I think there is another gear and there aint any more to give

1 - 7 of 7 Posts