Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I tried washing it and it didn’t come off. I thought maybe it was moisture causing some form of rust but then it was only on the frontside. Let me see if I can remove it. Goo off, Wd-40? Thanks for the insights.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah I tried washing it and it didn’t come off. I thought maybe it was moisture causing some form of rust but then it was only on the frontside. Let me see if I can remove it. Goo off, Wd-40? Thanks for the insights.
a lot of that black stuff is powder coated and that make the finish tougher than just regular paint. I even try some mineral spirits and a tooth brush. In a less visible spot of course.
let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Jeeze it's clearly road splatter, the inside and outside of the brake pedal is ALL you need. Notice the front of the brake pedal took the full brunt but shaded the inside of the brake pedal except for the lower half.

·
Registered
Bolt
45 Posts
I think Honda uses a black iron oxide instead of paint on the pegs. That's exactly what it looks like when the sealant that protects the oxide gets compromised. I'd use something like black shoe polish to seal it back up before it gets worse.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Do they use lime in your country on the road repairs. Lime is corrosive and will in time cause spots like take. Cheers
Where I live no lime is used on the roads. Local tavern said , put the lime in the coconut and drink it alllll up. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts