Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another inexperienced question here. I am thinking of spraying the silver surround on my light black. I also saw another post of somebody spraying the surround on the petrol cap area. I know there are other post with similar information in, but they all mention specific brands but i am in thailand and it seems to be a lot harder to get those specific brands.

So my question.
What TYPE of spray do i need?
Or if it is easier what type should i avoid?
Can i use the same spray for both parts or would they require different types?
Or anybody know specific brands they would recommend that are available easily in thailand?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any type of spray paint would work on the surround of your light (I'm with Keith above in using Plasti Dip as you can peel it off if you don't like it or want to go back to original). The gas tank gets more complicated as most spray paints don't hold up to solvents (ie, gas), so if you were to accidentally get gas on the spray paint it would dissolve the paint. You could do a spray paint, and then see if you can find, or order online, SprayMax 2K clear coat to cover the spray paint. That clear coat is more like automotive paint. It's a two part paint that includes a hardener which is resistant to gas. It's probably your best bet if you're not going to use actual automotive paint with a hardener.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Another inexperienced question here. I am thinking of spraying the silver surround on my light black. I also saw another post of somebody spraying the surround on the petrol cap area. I know there are other post with similar information in, but they all mention specific brands but i am in thailand and it seems to be a lot harder to get those specific brands.

So my question.
What TYPE of spray do i need?
Or if it is easier what type should i avoid?
Can i use the same spray for both parts or would they require different types?
Or anybody know specific brands they would recommend that are available easily in thailand?
I would recommend Krylon Fusion satin black.
I have had good luck with it on plastics and metal. Plus it dries fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts