Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looking at getting a new exhaust which one looks the best
Or can you suggest any others ?
They're all Harley pipes Gazza, they either won't fit or don't suit the style of the Honda.

Check out the ones posted here in the exhaust threads.

I'm partial to either the Siamsilver99 duplex or the IXIL duplex.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-R...939352?hash=item238bd66698:g:oO8AAOSw6b9Z3yEh

Honda CMX 500 REBEL 2017> IXIL L3X BLACK Dual outlet Exhaust - Slip on | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
What looks best for me doesn't necessarily look best for you, since it's a personal taste/opinion on the matter.
Unless you're stalking me and is my nr.1 biggest fan in the whole world, set out to like everything that I do, then yeah I suppose you would like what I like, lol.

I chose my slip on purely based on it's looks.
It's similar to your first picture, but with that one I really don't like how the bottom pipe is basically just straight, and then they've added a 90 degree elbow ontop and slapped a pipe on there too. It looks ridiculous and out of place.
With mine however, both top and bottom pipe are more symmetrical to eachother, and thus gives it a more clean look. It looks as it's suppose to look like that, and not like something that have been added onto in the prosess as it's been made.
So for me it's important how it looks, that it's pleasing on the eye. And with that in mind, I don't really fancy either one of the ones you posted... lol. But, that's me.
Go with that the heart desires. You like what you like, don't let others tell you what you should like.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
The original exhaust thread that was linked above had a comment about Vance & Hines making pipes for the Rebel eventually.
I decided to ask them about it so I went to their Facebook page and sent them a message:

"Hey Guys, you've probably been asked this many times, forgive me if you have, but do you have any plans to create an exhaust for the Honda Rebel 500? I'd be keen for something to give it a nice low rumble. The stock exhaust sounds a bit like a sewing machine to me."

This was their reply:

"
Greetings Fletch - thank you for contacting us. An exhaust, probably a slip-on, is penciled in our 2018 development plan. Exacts dates and style TBD. We will announce as soon as we have something ready to show."

Looks like it's a waiting game.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Also, Gazza of the four exhausts you have posted above I think I like the look of the first one the most.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FletchfromOZ,
Thanks mate - I like that one too there’s an exhaust place in Slacks creek here in QLD that can make any of the Harley ones to suit the CMX500. and best of all for $500 installed- so looking about.
The 2nd and 3rd pic I think look tough too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Angelique if you could post a quick vid of them with the sound that would be great.

I'm still trying to pick the best pipes that have a nice low rumbly sound but don't burst my neighbour's ear drums.

Cheers

·
Registered
167 Posts
The original exhaust thread that was linked above had a comment about Vance & Hines making pipes for the Rebel eventually.
I decided to ask them about it so I went to their Facebook page and sent them a message:

"Hey Guys, you've probably been asked this many times, forgive me if you have, but do you have any plans to create an exhaust for the Honda Rebel 500? I'd be keen for something to give it a nice low rumble. The stock exhaust sounds a bit like a sewing machine to me."

This was their reply:

"
Greetings Fletch - thank you for contacting us. An exhaust, probably a slip-on, is penciled in our 2018 development plan. Exacts dates and style TBD. We will announce as soon as we have something ready to show."

Looks like it's a waiting game.
I decided to follow up on my enquiry from last year (above) and this was their reply:
" Good Morning- Our R & D team has not released any information to us yet. Please stay posted to our social media platforms. Any update will be given there."
Looks like perhaps it isn't high on their priority list right now. ☹

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I decided to follow up on my enquiry from last year (above) and this was their reply:
" Good Morning- Our R & D team has not released any information to us yet. Please stay posted to our social media platforms. Any update will be given there."
Looks like perhaps it isn't high on their priority list right now. ☹
Fletch,

I purchased the Musarri because it was inexpensive, but I am really waiting to see what Vance & Hines has to offer before I buy a permanent muffler for my Rebel 500.

Kenny G

·
Registered
814 Posts
Looking at getting a new exhaust which one looks the best
Or can you suggest any others ?
Which bike do you have ? The 500 has a Cat before the exhaust and the 300 has one built in to the muffler. So if you remove the Cat in either you will be needing to get the bike dyno tuned most likely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What looks best for me doesn't necessarily look best for you, since it's a personal taste/opinion on the matter.
Unless you're stalking me and is my nr.1 biggest fan in the whole world, set out to like everything that I do, then yeah I suppose you would like what I like, lol.

I chose my slip on purely based on it's looks.
It's similar to your first picture, but with that one I really don't like how the bottom pipe is basically just straight, and then they've added a 90 degree elbow ontop and slapped a pipe on there too. It looks ridiculous and out of place.
With mine however, both top and bottom pipe are more symmetrical to eachother, and thus gives it a more clean look. It looks as it's suppose to look like that, and not like something that have been added onto in the prosess as it's been made.
So for me it's important how it looks, that it's pleasing on the eye. And with that in mind, I don't really fancy either one of the ones you posted... lol. But, that's me.
Go with that the heart desires. You like what you like, don't let others tell you what you should like.
Hi Lyoko,

This exhaust you have on is beautiful! I followed the ebay link provided by JimInOz but it says it doesn't ship to Canada (from Toronto). Any chance you know anywhere else I might be able to get this exhaust that will ship to Canada?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Hi Lyoko,

This exhaust you have on is beautiful! I followed the ebay link provided by JimInOz but it says it doesn't ship to Canada (from Toronto). Any chance you know anywhere else I might be able to get this exhaust that will ship to Canada?

Thanks
Hey there omniking!

Uuum, hmm, yeah I see what you mean.
A bit strange though, as Canada isn't mentioned on the list of excluded countries, as far as I can see.. Closest is "North America", does that then include Canada?
But yeah, not able to pick Canada as destination country either.
I'd say your options then are quite limited, seeing as this is a no-brand slip on. Meaning, it only gets made by this one person in Thailand, and that's it. Can't get it in any parts shop or such.
Only other option would be acquiring it as a second hand item, but yeah.. Not very likely.

The way I see it, the only viable option to actually get it would have to be to order it to someones address in the US, and then have them ship it to you again.
A bit hassle, will cost you slightly more in shipping also, but as far as I can tell it's just about your only option.
Unless you were planning on taking a vacation in Thailand this winter :laugh:
So yeah..
I'll poke around a bit and send you a PM, I might be able to help you out with this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there omniking!

Uuum, hmm, yeah I see what you mean.
A bit strange though, as Canada isn't mentioned on the list of excluded countries, as far as I can see.. Closest is "North America", does that then include Canada?
But yeah, not able to pick Canada as destination country either.
I'd say your options then are quite limited, seeing as this is a no-brand slip on. Meaning, it only gets made by this one person in Thailand, and that's it. Can't get it in any parts shop or such.
Only other option would be acquiring it as a second hand item, but yeah.. Not very likely.

The way I see it, the only viable option to actually get it would have to be to order it to someones address in the US, and then have them ship it to you again.
A bit hassle, will cost you slightly more in shipping also, but as far as I can tell it's just about your only option.
Unless you were planning on taking a vacation in Thailand this winter :laugh:
So yeah..
I'll poke around a bit and send you a PM, I might be able to help you out with this.
Awesome! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in Australia, and also liked the look of the diablo....but.... because the police here are pretty hot on mods and australian standards - i didnt go for it - they dont guarantee it meets oz standards. Here, even a tail tidy is meant to actually have the stock lights put back on!!! So i narrowed my choices to the IXIL and the mussari to make sure that i didnt have police issues. (my daily commute is past 2 hot spots for Random Breath Tests so I get stopped at least once every couple of weeks). I went with the mussari in the end. arrived today, installing tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts