Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would work in here but a couple of forums I belong to have a thread like this and this is a thread about general stuff that you want to post but did not want to start a new thread.

I bought this bike a couple of months ago and finally hit 2000 miles. Not bad for a fair weather rider but I plan on having a lot more miles next year cause we are planning several long distance trips next year.

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
England is Covid locked down at present. There are only a few reason we can go off motorcycling, like to get food, medicines, to help vulnerable people and one or two others. So reading of others and their escapades is good...

·
Registered
235 Posts
"What's up today?" I'll tell you what's up today, BEAUTIFUL riding weather, sunny, mid 70's!
PERFECT riding day!!
And I'm stuck at home nursing three removed ingrown toenails before going back to work Munday!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
today I took the Rebel out for about 50 miles. sad i put less miles on the bike this year than last year, but I also have 2 bikes to split mileage between, so when you look at it that way, still rode almost the same miles. I realize I didn't take as many long trips as I would've liked but have to double down on that next year.
also was near 70F here today so i was glad to get out for sure!
it's fun to plan longer trips @Otroo hope you are successful in that next year

·
Registered
356 Posts
What's up today?

It's 22C out, sunny, not a cloud or breeze anywhere in sight, but I'm stuck indoors because we need some "us" time apparently....🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
I bought my 2019 Rebel 300 about 6 weeks ago but because of working 7 days a week (my own business, short on staff, etc, etc) plus horrendous weather (we've had no less than 3 typhoons in the area in the past 4 weeks) I haven't been able to get away. Until yesterday.

I took a quick ride south on Vietnam Highway 1 from Quy Nhon City (central VN), cut across to the coast and back up to the city. It was just a couple of hours, but it was enough to confirm that the CMX300 is a fine highway bike for local conditions and that the seat was reasonably comfortable. At least, my 65 y.o. butt felt OK afterwards.

I have two new staff coming aboard this week, so next week I'll take my first decent road trip up to the central Vietnamese highlands - Pleiku and Kontum, near the Laos border.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my 2019 Rebel 300 about 6 weeks ago but because of working 7 days a week (my own business, short on staff, etc, etc) plus horrendous weather (we've had no less than 3 typhoons in the area in the past 4 weeks) I haven't been able to get away. Until yesterday.

I took a quick ride south on Vietnam Highway 1 from Quy Nhon City (central VN), cut across to the coast and back up to the city. It was just a couple of hours, but it was enough to confirm that the CMX300 is a fine highway bike for local conditions and that the seat was reasonably comfortable. At least, my 65 y.o. butt felt OK afterwards.

I have two new staff coming aboard this week, so next week I'll take my first decent road trip up to the central Vietnamese highlands - Pleiku and Kontum, near the Laos border.
Post up some pictures of the trip would love to see that part of the world.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know who has a good black Friday or cyber Monday sale? Looking to pick up a couple of helmets and maybe a com unit.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What's up today:

As the temps are unlikely to stay too far up in the + C anymore, and snow on the way soon, I sadly winterized my bike today. It was a fun season, and really we kinda got a "bonus" 2 weeks of super mild (even summer like) weather for November as far as average temps go for my city. March - November, 8k kms (5k miles).

I inflated 2psi over recommended, full tank of fuel with correct amount of stabilizer (I already made sure to run a premixed amount all the way through before last fill up), went for a long ride today, and parked it with a tender hooked up. I just need to clean and lube the chain, but other than that it's ready to ride come next season...or a mild winter day with no ice or snow 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's up today:

As the temps are unlikely to stay too far up in the + C anymore, and snow on the way soon, I sadly winterized my bike today. It was a fun season, and really we kinda got a "bonus" 2 weeks of super mild (even summer like) weather for November as far as average temps go for my city. March - November, 8k kms (5k miles).

I inflated 2psi over recommended, full tank of fuel with correct amount of stabilizer (I already made sure to run a premixed amount all the way through before last fill up), went for a long ride today, and parked it with a tender hooked up. I just need to clean and lube the chain, but other than that it's ready to ride come next season...or a mild winter day with no ice or snow
Yeah I am getting ours ready this next week. Just got to make some room for them again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sad day today cause we had to put the girls up for winter. We at least got in a nice ride yesterday cold but nice.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
I feel for you. I'm lucky enough to be working in the tropics - 365 day riding season. Except for monsoon season and the four typhoons we had floating around in the last month or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well i'm in a debate between buying a Dart piranha Windshield or a Lextek exhaust + wrap... dunno which i should prioritize

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i'm in a debate between buying a Dart piranha Windshield or a Lextek exhaust + wrap... dunno which i should prioritize
I would go for the Lextek. I bought one and ended up putting it on the wife's 300 but not before I put it on the 500. It sure sounds good on both bikes the 300 is kind of loud with it on but the wife likes it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts