Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've had my rebel for about a month now and I love it. I did tons of research and I took a chance and got a 2018 rebel 500 ABS. Great bike but I would like to do some mods like a new seat. Does any one know where i can get this seat or whats it is called and also the back rest? pic below of the bike mod. It says zeedparts but has anyone delt with them before?

HERE

·
Banned
247 Posts
Hi all,

I've had my rebel for about a month now and I love it. I did tons of research and I took a chance and got a 2018 rebel 500 ABS. Great bike but I would like to do some mods like a new seat. Does any one know where i can get this seat and back rest? pic below of the bike mod

HERE
The primary seat is a Corbin seat found HERE

The backrest, which imo is mostly pointless as with the Corbin seat you effectively have made your Rebel a single seat bike, I'm not as sure about but I have seen some similar ones in places like Amazon and Zeed which may be a more generic seat and not specifically for the Rebel.

I have not used Zeeds before, but several people here have and have had positive interactions with them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The primary seat is a Corbin seat found HERE

The backrest, which imo is mostly pointless as with the Corbin seat you effectively have made your Rebel a single seat bike, I'm not as sure about but I have seen some similar ones in places like Amazon and Zeed which may be a more generic seat and not specifically for the Rebel.

I have not used Zeeds before, but several people here have and have had positive interactions with them.

thank you, I thought this was a two person seat. Do you know of any good two person seats like the Corbin? Also I noticed you live in MO, KC. GO Chiefs.

·
Banned
247 Posts
thanks, do you have a corbin seat? I like the warranty on it better than the one from Thailand (zeed).
I intend on buying one, but I was hoping they might come out with one that doesn't have the back slope on it, I'd like just the seat. But several people on here have the seat and love it, in fact one member here on the forums is the reason the seat exists, they let Corbin borrow his Rebel for a month to make the prototype Corbin seat.

As a bit of added information, Corbin is considered by many in the motorcycling world to be one of the best custom made seats you can get, and are known for being extremely comfortable. They are pricey, but everything I've read suggests its worth every penny.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I intend on buying one, but I was hoping they might come out with one that doesn't have the back slope on it, I'd like just the seat. But several people on here have the seat and love it, in fact one member here on the forums is the reason the seat exists, they let Corbin borrow his Rebel for a month to make the prototype Corbin seat.

As a bit of added information, Corbin is considered by many in the motorcycling world to be one of the best custom made seats you can get, and are known for being extremely comfortable. They are pricey, but everything I've read suggests its worth every penny.

thanks for the help. Is it possible to buy the back passenger pedals and stuff without the seat?

·
Registered
869 Posts
welcome! yeah the pegs and rear seat are sold as a set from Honda, but like TS said, you can probably find one or the other on ebay or elsewhere now.
i have read negative reviews on here about the zeed seat (from a comfort standpoint). as far as the company goes, i've bought from them and had a good experience.
I have a corbin seat on order, this will be my 2nd one overall on any bike i've had, and they are amazing. i might go so far as calling them the gold standard of aftermarket seats.. but of course that's a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome! yeah the pegs and rear seat are sold as a set from Honda, but like TS said, you can probably find one or the other on ebay or elsewhere now.
i have read negative reviews on here about the zeed seat (from a comfort standpoint). as far as the company goes, i've bought from them and had a good experience.
I have a corbin seat on order, this will be my 2nd one overall on any bike i've had, and they are amazing. i might go so far as calling them the gold standard of aftermarket seats.. but of course that's a matter of opinion.
thank you for the help. I actually was reading the reviews on the seat about the zeed and I will most likely go Corbin. Is this your first seat for the rebel? I just have a few questions.

1. will I be seated higher?

2. is it possible to buy the parts (pegs, etc) for the passenger without buying the seat from Honda?

·
Banned
247 Posts
thank you for the help. I actually was reading the reviews on the seat about the zeed and I will most likely go Corbin. Is this your first seat for the rebel? I just have a few questions.

1. will I be seated higher?

2. is it possible to buy the parts (pegs, etc) for the passenger without buying the seat from Honda?
1. With the Corbin seat you might gain about 1 inch on seat height

2. I can't find anywhere that you can purchase individual parts for the passenger seat kit sold by Honda, I even looked HERE and they do not sell the passenger seat nor the right/left passenger footpegs. I think your only luck will be if you find them on eBay, but even if you do it will likely be the full set.

Additional note: If you purchase the Corbin seat it will cover the mounting holes you would use to put any type of passenger seat. The Corbin seat effectively makes your Rebel a single seat bike ONLY, and if your bike is a single seater then why would you need the passenger footpegs?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. With the Corbin seat you might gain about 1 inch on seat height

2. I can't find anywhere that you can purchase individual parts for the passenger seat kit sold by Honda, I even looked HERE and they do not sell the passenger seat nor the right/left passenger footpegs. I think your only luck will be if you find them on eBay, but even if you do it will likely be the full set.

Additional note: If you purchase the Corbin seat it will cover the mounting holes you would use to put any type of passenger seat. The Corbin seat effectively makes your Rebel a single seat bike ONLY, and if your bike is a single seater then why would you need the passenger footpegs?

thanks for the information. I was going to run a two seat setup, just switch them out when I have a passenger. I amgoing to buy two different seats but, did not want the honda seat. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
I’m still hoping that Mustang eventually makes a Rebel seat.
Corbin was the only manufacturer to go out on a limb and make a seat for the Rebel 250 even when the Rebel had 30 years of production. No chance of Mustang jumping in with only 2 model production years. But we can still hope.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts