Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Technically, my first bike was a Puch Maxi-Lux. This pic isn't mine but very similar to what I had:

My first actual motorcycle with a clutch & shifter was a 1997 Honda Shadow that I plunked a deposit down for and waited a nail-chewing two weeks to arrive. That was almost 20 years ago (June 6 will be the anniversary).

Upon delivery:

Today:

·
Registered
121 Posts
This bike is a year or two later but the same model; Matchless G2 thumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Firsrt bike was a Honda VFR750F

Loved this bike. I should have kept it and rebuilt the motor. Scrapped it because of an "irreparable" oil leak.

·
Registered
46 Posts
1965 Honda S90 for fields and trails. 1966 Honda 305 Super Hawk for street. Yup, I`m old!

Ha ha - same as me. Honda S90.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Sport_90

I drove around the yard every spare minute, and dropped it at least a hundred times.
The 'big bike' I wanted then was the 305 Scrambler, but I ended up with a Super Hawk.
I still think the 305's are among the best looking bikes.

I would love to see Honda use the current 500cc engine in a scrambler - something like this:

http://www.livablelandscape.org/CYCLES/450cl.htm

·
Registered
74 Posts
My very first bike was a Suzuki Savage in 2004 which my wife and I shared. Six months later I got an 883 Sportster so we could ride together. The Rebel 500 finally replaced the Savage for her.

Sorry for the double post. I can't figure out how to delete it, but if one of the Mods can delete it that would be fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
My very first bike was a Suzuki Savage in 2004 which my wife and I shared. Six months later I got an 883 Sportster so we could ride together. The Rebel 500 finally replaced the Savage for her.

Sorry for the double post. I can't figure out how to delete it, but if one of the Mods can delete it that would be fine.
deleted thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's awesome, I never even knew they made a Shadow in 125cc.
They did, and a 250 as well based on the VT250 Magna/VTR250 Interceptor motor. IIRC the 125 was a sleeved/reduced effect motor much like the original 125 & 250 Rebel.

Must not be available in the USA.
Sadly, no...neither was offered to the North American market. We did get the 250 Magna & Interceptor in the late 80's though, but they stopped shipping both to NA when the Interceptor evolved into a naked sport bike circa 1991 and dropped the Interceptor name.

Gen-2 VTR250:

Korean outfit Kymco cloned the 80s Magna around Y2K and offered it as the "Venox" for a few years:

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
They did, and a 250 as well based on the VT250 Magna/VTR250 Interceptor motor. IIRC the 125 was a sleeved/reduced effect motor much like the original 125 & 250 Rebel.

Sadly, no...neither was offered to the North American market. We did get the 250 Magna & Interceptor in the late 80's though, but they stopped shipping both to NA when the Interceptor evolved into a naked sport bike circa 1991 and dropped the Interceptor name.

Gen-2 VTR250:

Korean outfit Kymco cloned the 80s Magna around Y2K and offered it as the "Venox" for a few years:

Shadow Shack knows stuff - also an excellent contributor to the other Honda Rebel forum (1st and 2nd gen)

Check it out and become a member for another source of some solid motorcycle knowledge.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My first bike was a 1986 Suzuki GV1200 Madura that I bought from my dad in 2006. It was a great bike to learn on and I kick myself for having gotten rid of it because of how rare it was. This was the only bike I ever dropped (so far) and that was on the first day that I had it while unloading it from my truck after bringing it home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine was a Yamaha XS250. It came as a box of bits. I was told if I could rebuild it, it was mine. I did ?. After that, I was hooked, so I quickly followed it up with a Honda 400/4. I loved those 4 gleaming pipes!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts