Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
What was the best piece of advice you were given when you started riding or what is the one piece of advice you'd give a new rider?

The only advise I got was from my father. A brilliant man who doesn’t take his own advise. Always wear a helmet...and be careful. He only wears a helmet on long trips to the Mexican boarder. In Utah, United States it’s not required to wear a helmet at all. I fully disagree with the law however riding w/o one is so freeing. Wind in your hair. Maybe it’s the onslaught of winter getting to me but I...for one cannot wait to ride without a helmet. Even if it’s just down the block. I have a hand-me-down from 2006 and need to buy a new one. Any advise for something that is light and agile? Full face preferably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Best advice was from my uncle who said "Ride like every car out there wants to kill you".

Next best was from my dad who said "ALWAYS wear your helmet. If you are in a wreck and I find out you had no helmet on, I'll come over and crack your head for you".

-CG

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
i'm sure that the best advice i was given was ignored at the time - because now i think i wish someone had given me some good advice when i needed it - but i probably would have ignored it because i would have thought i knew everything and they were idiots

1 - 6 of 6 Posts