Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2019 Rebel 500 ABS bike and decided to check out the tool bag under seat. I lift the seat up and the only tool under seat was screwdriver. I called dealer and the sell person told me that they stopped putting tool kits on new Honda Rebel. I’ve had several motorcycles and may never really used the tool kits, but they may come in handy if you’re on side of road. I’m just wondering if sell man is telling me a story just get me off the phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
If his story is true, why is there a screwdriver??

I have a 2019, and it came with a full set...but was missing the owner manual. My guess, your bike was sitting around the floor and became a donor for other owners missing stuff...it happens.

Check with Honda directly, not the salesperson. I'd email Honda support.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine came straight out of the factory crate, I got a screwdriver under the seat, the handle for it near the battery and the 6mm hex key under the right side panel, that's it. The manual you should have gotten from your dealer when you bought it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the manual it specifies US models only come with the screwdriver shank and handle. Shank is under the seat and handle is under the seat but attached to the bike side. I believe some other countries get a more complete kit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
In the manual it specifies US models only come with the screwdriver shank and handle. Shank is under the seat and handle is under the seat but attached to the bike side. I believe some other countries get a more complete kit.
Oh that's very interesting. Yeah I can confirm up north is a more complete set up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If his story is true, why is there a screwdriver??

I have a 2019, and it came with a full set...but was missing the owner manual. My guess, your bike was sitting around the floor and became a donor for other owners missing stuff...it happens.

Check with Honda directly, not the salesperson. I'd email Honda support.

The owner manual was handed to me at signing.

I'm going to check with Honda and post what I find.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What country are you in? Like I posted above, what you're supposed to get is listed in the manual. If you're in the United States then what you got is correct.

·
Registered
789 Posts
yeah that's all the US model comes with, the Canadian model comes with more tools. (as stated in the manual) not sure what EU or elsewhere gets...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What country are you in? Like I posted above, what you're supposed to get is listed in the manual. If you're in the United States then what you got is correct.

I'm in Texas and manual is very confusing. On page 39 in owners manual it shows document bag (which I didn't get) and tool kit. A screw driver is not a tool kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah that's right. USA model only gets the screwdriver. The document bag is just a plastic ziplock bag to keep your manual in. If they gave you the manual in a bag then that's it, if not I wouldn't worry too much you can use any bag. I don't keep my manual with the bike but if you want to that's the purpose of the bag. If you look at the underside of the seat you'll see there are fingers that the manual can slide into if you want to store it in the bag under your seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is Honda reply:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding your Rebel 500. Congratulations on your recent purchase! At the bottom of this email, you can find a list of tools that should have come with your model upon purchase. For the best assistance getting these parts, please contact your selling dealer. If you have any further comments or questions, feel free to contact us at any of the convenient communication methods above. Sincerely, AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. Tiana MHR5 Powersports Customer Support PULLER, MINI FUSE (SUMITOMO) 38235-S04-003 BAG, SERVICE BOOK 77251-GR1-000 SCREWDRIVER (NO.2 PHILLIPS -) 89102-538-000 GRIP 89103-538-000 WRENCH, HEX. (5MM) 89221-429-000

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess I should ask why Canada get more tools than the USA bikes.
Yeah...it's very strange. And, we also ONLY get the ABS model as standard too. It's gotta be down to some fine print regulation somewhere that Honda was able to get away with in US but not in Canada and they used it to cut cost maybe?

Other than cost savings, I can't see why Honda would make this kind of distinction...

·
Registered
161 Posts
IIRC the canucks also only get the pillion seat model.
Wonder if this is compensation for riding a bike in canda eh?

·
Registered
125 Posts
IIRC the canucks also only get the pillion seat model.
Wonder if this is compensation for riding a bike in canda eh?
On the 500s yeah, not 300s though (optional extra)...eh. lol. Riding here is wonderful...except you're parked 6 months of the year with 10 feet of snow on top of you lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Could be laws? Like if you buy a car in Germany by law it has to come with a fire extinguisher, but they remove it for other markets. Kind of annoying because you know how Germans are they like to have a little place for everything, so there's usually a slot where the extinguisher was...

I bought my 2002 Silver Wing in 2010 and the crappy little vinyl tool bag had never been opened, and I sold it 2019 and it still had never been opened.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In all the motorcycles, ATV's and snowmobiles I have bought through my lifetime the tools provided are junk....especially the open end wrenches...come on!

Buy yourself some quality tools.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts