Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to see which cover everyone uses. I don't have a garage, so during riding season my Rebel is parked on my back patio and covered. I am currently using this cover, in large I believe, but I am looking to get another one for several reasons. Here is a list of Pros and Cons of my current cover.

Cons:
1) This is suppose to be all weather and ventilate, but I often find my tank is wet after a good rain
2) It has caused some swirling on the paint when putting it on
3) Before I flipped my mirrors the cover was extremely tight and put a lot of pressure on the mirrors

Pros:
1) Heat resistant on the bottom portion
2) The elastic band keeps it on even during strong winds

I would love to get a different cover due to the cons listed above, so which one do you guys use and would you recommend it for outdoor storage during season?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I splashed out on the "official" Honda cover and, so far, I can't complain about it. It has functioned very well, is easy to put on and take off, and appears to do a good job of protecting the bike from the (severe) elements.

·
Registered
176 Posts
One thing you guys should keep in mind when looking for covers is having material that won't scratch your paint and often most materials used in cheaper covers leave small scratches. For some of you that care about this it will be best to consult a detailer or check out detailing forums.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have any pictures with the XL on the bike? I was thinking it would fit with a smaller size, or do you have saddlebags + windshield?

I don't have any pics of it on there currently but I'll try to remember to take some. I don't have any bags or windshield yet but I will soon and that's why I bought the XL. Also, I wanted to make sure that it was big enough to use on multiple bikes. I knew that I could always make it work for a smaller bike if I needed to but making a small cover work for a big bike is difficult.
It fits nice and snug under the tires due to the snappy elastic cords in the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts