Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 rebel 300 and i put it away for 3 months in my garage, covered, since i wouldn't be using while I was away doing study abroad. Other than the obvious maintenance: oil change, chain lubrication. Is there any other maintenance I should do to it?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have a 2017 rebel 300 and i put it away for 3 months in my garage, covered, since i wouldn't be using while I was away doing study abroad. Other than the obvious maintenance: oil change, chain lubrication. Is there any other maintenance I should do to it?
I would consider draining the fuel tank and refilling with fresh gasoline.

Did you have your Rebel on a Battery Tender?

Kenny G

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
No I do not.
Ponce, After 3 months it is possible that your battery will not have enough power to start the engine.

It would be good to buy a Battery Tender and if your battery is not too low it will charge your battery over night.

Kenny G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ponce, After 3 months it is possible that your battery will not have enough power to start the engine.

It would be good to buy a Battery Tender and if your battery is not too low it will charge your battery over night.

Kenny G
Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It called a battery maintainer, or trickle charger because it is used to keep the battery at a top charged state.
It can NOT charge a battery that is to low, unless that ability is built into the charger.
Even days hooked up wont do it.

I'd try to start the bike with the battery as it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts