Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Stock Form

Windshield - Memphis Shades Big Shot with no-tool removal trigger lock mounting hardware

Live power/GPS/SPOT/Gear Indicator
always hot fused 12VDC power socket...Garmin Montana GPS...SPOT Satellite Tracker...Gear Indicator (left of handlebar clamp}

Seat - Mustang Solo Seat
compared to stock seat

Swing Arm Bag - Viking with a lockable feature I made and added to bag

Rack - several designs I made...have been using the curved rack the most.

rack with bag

without bag

flat rack

curved rack

Headlight Grille - universal grille bought on eBay

Jack adapter - an adapter I made to interface between ATV/Motorcycle jack and bikes frame to get bike up in the air for maintenance

Finished look

·
Registered
148 Posts
It looks great! I just recently bought the Memphis Shades screen. I’m not finding the trigger lock to be as easy as it should to take off and put it back on. I’m guessing I have to adjust the clamps a bit. Do you have any trouble with it? Comes off ok but doesn’t seem to easy to put back on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks great! I just recently bought the Memphis Shades screen. I’m not finding the trigger lock to be as easy as it should to take off and put it back on. I’m guessing I have to adjust the clamps a bit. Do you have any trouble with it? Comes off ok but doesn’t seem to easy to put back on.
no trouble at all taking off or putting on

like you say you may have to adjust the clamps so there is no tension/binding on the locking parts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Man, that curved rack looks nice ?. I was honestly kinda against the idea of putting a rack on the back just because how it looks but that is sharp. Is it just a modified Honda one or a complete custom fabrication?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, that curved rack looks nice ?. I was honestly kinda against the idea of putting a rack on the back just because how it looks but that is sharp. Is it just a modified Honda one or a complete custom fabrication?
all 3 racks were made from scratch

·
Registered
44 Posts
When the windshield is in position and the triggers are locked loosen all of the fasteners on the parts that fasten on the fork tubes and then re-tighten them a bit at a time.
Kenny G

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
hey, rws, you are also on ADV rider, right?
yes I joined a while ago but only recently started posting there

I've been reading some about the adventure touring side of motorcycling and it looks like it would be fun...I thinking of purchasing a Yamaha Tenere 700

·
Registered
30 Posts
You're really talented with fabrication and design. Love the mods and improvements you've done to your bike and I have the same bike (color and year). You're set for both cruising and touring ...

Mary Pozzi

·
Registered
2018 Honda Rebel cmx500A
49 Posts
Hi news. Really like the mod for the hydraulic Jack, have you got a plan of how this is done and where it fits on the engine.
Stay safe mate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts