Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know what that black cylinder is. (If that's what you were referring too)

But the bike's a 2018 model? You're chain looks seriously bad for being less than a year old. Maybe it's the reflection of a camera flash, but it needs cleaning and oil/lub badly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the black cylinder.

Yeah its the 2018 model with about 400miles, I bought it with 2miles on it back in late september. I am planning on cleaning/lubing it after the center stand installation, just trying to figure out what this black cylinder thing is. Oh any tips on how often should I be clean/lubing the chain?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
What is it? It is located between the rear wheel and coolant resavoir on my 2018 rebel 500. I am trying to install a center stand on my bike but this thing is in the way. Any help would be appreciated.
Algen, Is there a chance that your Rebel is a California model?

Kenny G

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is it? It is located between the rear wheel and coolant resavoir on my 2018 rebel 500. I am trying to install a center stand on my bike but this thing is in the way. Any help would be appreciated.
Algen, Is there a chance that your Rebel is a California model

Kenny G

Most likely since I live in cali. Is there any reason why a cali model would be different?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Kenny must be right, I have a California model and mine has the same thing
California model motorcycles always have a canister, and after they are around for a while some clever dude will figure out how to eliminate the canister or move it out of the way. For the center stand install I would try to relocate it.

Kenny G:surprise:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts