Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wondering what floar charger you would all recommend. I currently bought this one https://fortnine.ca/en/battery-tender-junior-charger

I honestly don't understand electrical too well, so was wondering if that float charger would work for the Rebel & work well that is.
I purchased a float charger because for about 2 months this winter my bike will not be riden so I dont want the battery to go bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hey everyone, just wondering what floar charger you would all recommend. I currently bought this one https://fortnine.ca/en/battery-tender-junior-charger

I honestly don't understand electrical too well, so was wondering if that float charger would work for the Rebel & work well that is.
I purchased a float charger because for about 2 months this winter my bike will not be riden so I dont want the battery to go bad.

Thanks
I have used The Battery Tender for years and it will keep your battery fresh and ready to go.

Kenny G

·
Registered
50 Posts
Been using the B.T.J.'s for many years now, they work great. I hard wired a lead to the battery with a fuse and Q/D plug on both my Rebel and my John Deere lawn tractor I alternate every week.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I use a Battery Tender on my KVS. I bought it to install on my Rebel but being mechanically challenged I was unable to figure out how to install it without it interfering with the seat.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can use the loop connectors in a way that doesn't prevent the battery cover from snapping back in, and modify the battery cover (dremel some openings and snip off that plastic loop around the terminal cable), and leave that quick connector out zip-tied to the frame somewhere so you don't have to pull the seat off everytime you want to maintain it.

I'll put up some pics when i have a chance.

I use a Battery Tender on my KVS. I bought it to install on my Rebel but being mechanically challenged I was unable to figure out how to install it without it interfering with the seat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can use the loop connectors in a way that doesn't prevent the battery cover from snapping back in, and modify the battery cover (dremel some openings and snip off that plastic loop around the terminal cable), and leave that quick connector out zip-tied to the frame somewhere so you don't have to pull the seat off everytime you want to maintain it.

I'll put up some pics when i have a chance.

I connected a battery tender lead to my 300 and have the lead coming out on the left side, in the V of the frame under the rear of the gas tank.

I didn't have to make any modifications at all to the bike, just creative wire routing.

This way it is easy to plug in and also easy to hook up a heated jacket or vest.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I use a Yamaha tender which I believe is a Ctek. I just swap it over between my bikes once a week (both bikes with battery leads in place)

·
Registered
136 Posts
To answer your question - ANY batter maintainer will work.
There isnt a special one for each bike or engine size.

·
Registered
209 Posts
To answer your question - ANY batter maintainer will work.
There isnt a special one for each bike or engine size.

The brand name doesn't matter. Most bike battery maintainers/tenders are under 1 amp.

For a charger I would suggest 1 amp charger for bike batteries.

If you put to large a charger on a small flooded cell bike battery, it will boil the water out over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts