Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking into those 3 piece engine covers which would cover the space below the radiator and the pipes. Looks like 150 pounds for 3 pieces of plastic, quite expensive.

Any of you got something like that? Are you happy with it? Does it look ok, do you have a pic? Was it easy to install?

Most of them which are for sale don't have an actual photo with them on the motorcycle.

Let me know,

Thanks

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking into those 3 piece engine covers which would cover the space below the radiator and the pipes. Looks like 150 pounds for 3 pieces of plastic, quite expensive.

Any of you got something like that? Are you happy with it? Does it look ok, do you have a pic? Was it easy to install?

Most of them which are for sale don't have an actual photo with them on the motorcycle.

Let me know,

Thanks
Can you post a link to the ones you are looking at? For starters you may want to check Zeedparts. They may save you a bit of money and ship faster than any of the other ebay vendors.

So here is the good and bad. The good is most people who have gotten the plastic covers have been happy with the look. And the fit of them all seems to be fine.
The bad is that everyone who has gotten them has also stated how thin the products are. Which would worry me about their long time durability.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'd like to know too. i've been looking at this one on and off. but nobody has shown pictures of exactly where AND how it attaches. I can see bolt/screw holes and try to imagine where they'd go, but i can't see how the sides attach to the bike, if at all. if they just hang in space only by the center piece, then i wouldn't be interested at all.
Honda Rebel CMX 300 - 500 Motolordd Belly Panel

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
As it’s similar to the K-speed kit, it may fit using the same style L-brackets that attach to the engine mounts each side,
Normally have to specify which model Rebel before buying as the brackets are different on the 300 & 500

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one i was looking one is this one.
It's a lot of money for what it appears to be.

I might just buy some of that thermal tape and wrap the pipes to change the look a bit, cheap to do change.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The one i was looking one is this one.
It's a lot of money for what it appears to be..
Afternoon buddy, my neighbour bought this very same fairing, it is as they mention, thin and doubtful about durability, but two years on, it is still holding well.
As for fitments, it didn't fit snuggly and there were few gaps between plastic and the frame, plus the vendour (ebay seller) did not ship any mounting brackets with the fairing, so my neigbour had to fashion some to secure the belly pan section of the fairing to the engine.

hope it helps, Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts