Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1,121 - 1,140 of 1,177 Posts
A few miles late, but I just did my first oil and filter change, along with a chain cleaning in lube.

All that was in preparation for installing the t-rex racing skid plate that finally came back in stock. View attachment 32658

I had been looking for an underbody/engine fairing for a while, but I wanted it to be more than just a flimsy plastic aesthetic piece. I obviously haven't had a chance to really test the protection, but the mounting feels quite sturdy so far.
How are you liking your skid plate now that you've had it awhile? I need to get one, so was wondering what your thoughts were.

i like the look of the Shad bags, kinda wish i had them instead of my Hepco/Becker ones, just for the difference in openings. otherwise mine are completely solid and waterproof

i like the look of the Shad bags, kinda wish i had them instead of my Hepco/Becker ones, just for the difference in openings. otherwise mine are completely solid and waterproof
Thanks! I wanted something solid/plastic since I occasionally need to haul some messy items and wanted to be able to easily rinse them. And I wanted them to sit far enough back that they wouldnt interfere with a passenger (not that i've convinced anyone to try and ride with me yet). For the price, I'm pleased with them.

Oem+

Installed my passenger backrest and luggage carrier. Had to modify the saddle bag stays in order to fit the carrier on. Very happy with the look.

Bags don't get in the way of the passenger position. And I'll never have anyone on the back anyway.

Luggage rack looks like the Honda "H"
Intentional? Hahaha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Best inexpensive saddlebag brackets? I don't really need them with my bags, but there IS a chance they could swing in and bump the tire if I had something heavy in them. Just wanting something to keep them off the tire.

Decided to go for a ride on the 1100 DCT before it got hot today. I wanted to oil the chain but my car was in the way of the motorcycle jack. So I put a 2x4 under the kick stand and turned the forks all the way to the left (don't turn them right as the bike can tip over as it straightens up). I then put a small simple cheap hydraulic floor jack on the right side where the axle is on the swing arm and jacked it up just a little and the tire would turn easily. Oiled the change then let it down. Pretty easy. To keep from scratching the swing arm I used an old rag.

While oiling the chain I found a screw in the tire (oh ****). It had a hex head and had been worn shiny but not down to the tread. I pulled it out, put soapy water on the hole and no air leaked out. I checked the tire pressure and it was ok. I really felt I had won the lottery....well almost. Now time to ride.

I went on a ride I often do in winter. The Sutter Butte's Mountain Range is famous for being the smallest mountain range in the world. I rode my 1100 around them today. About a 90 mile ride in total and very little traffic. It was 85 degrees when I got home.

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Reactions: PoppetM
Ordered on 23 July and it arrived today, 2nd Aug! All the way from Oz to Brunei. Immediately installed the exhaust and now I’m a happy mommy! The grips are also worth getting and am glad I got the extra for me hubs heee

So far the reviews on the exhaust and grips aren’t disappointing. Got mine from www.xtremperformance.com they’re reachable via FB, however they reply faster via email.

Installed forward controls, leather handgrips from Trip machine, mirror extender, carbon fiber gas cap, Rear luggage support rack.

Attachments

today replaced the brake fluid in the bike. manual says 2 years, kinda missed that but never had any braking issues so just forgot about it.
front reservoir was brown, rear was still yellow. now both are brand new again.(y)

- Changed the oil and filter on both bikes.

- Cursed for about half an hour when 2 filter case bolts snapped on the 300...facepalm. Those things are so easy to snap, it's laughable! The manual calls for 12NM, but I know from previous changes that it's 9NM max. Still managed to snap 2 despite how careful I was being. Turns out, my torque wrench wasn't set correctly......anyway.

Quick trip to the dealer, and luckily they literally only had 2 bolts in stock. Yay me. I ordered 4 more just in case, but I didn't need them afterall. 1 bolt snapped so thin, it split in half the second I pulled it out - would have been ugly if it fully snapped inside 😖.

Metal Household hardware Composite material Gas Auto part

sorry that happened to you @SC48 . def sounds lucky they had what you needed
my 2 cents--
that's one of those things where I will tighten something to where it "feels" tight, w/o using torque wrench (even though i have one)
others may chime in and want to chasten me, but it works for me every time, car or bike.

sorry that happened to you @SC48 . def sounds lucky they had what you needed
my 2 cents--
that's one of those things where I will tighten something to where it "feels" tight, w/o using torque wrench (even though i have one)
others may chime in and want to chasten me, but it works for me every time, car or bike.
But "feels right", only comes with experience. I broke many a bolt getting that experience without a torque wrench, I gotta believe I would learn a lot quicker with a clicker or digi-wrench.

1,121 - 1,140 of 1,177 Posts