Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1,101 - 1,120 of 1,177 Posts
For me this is as big as I dare to put in front of my bike...
View attachment 33411
I did ride with a different bag on the front and it road fine. I road about 40 miles with this bag on it in the picture below. Its a side saddle bag I had in the front. I haven't tried to ride with this new bag yet but the one thats on it now is actually a fork bag.

Wife have bag, similar to mine on her Yamaha and front fender is colorless under that bag, what indicates tha t bag touches it at some occasions and it is spaced aproximately what fork travel is on that forks. That mean that I would not put on front forks anything that obstruct fork travel.

Installed upper fork covers and meter visor (after 4 coats of black Plasti Dip on the underside). Next step will be a few coats of Plasti Dip on the silver headlight surround and radiator cap...ran out of daylight today.

Also replaced the allen head seat screws with thumb screws (why use tools if you don't have to, right?).

I also have the lower fork boots, but those are gonna wait a while, as it requires disassembly of the front end.
Nice! Are those the oem upper fork covers? How hard were they to install and what was the process? Thanks!

WOW an actual use for my digi-gauge cluster!
Been real cold here, 0ºf so once every couple of days I go out, take the tender off and start up the rebel till the temp turns green. Not super great for the engine but it makes me feel a little better.
Note the anomalous 57ºc reading on start up! it went to 0º after a few seconds, I guess the meter needed to warm up lol. ( I'm not completely sure if the gauge goes below 0º )

And once it warms up.

1,101 - 1,120 of 1,177 Posts