Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1,081 - 1,100 of 1,177 Posts
I added a PUIG windshield and a USB charger. Can't wait to test it out tomorrow on a errand run. Gonna clean up my charger installation so it has a bit more play and hide the wires. Overall, I'm happy with how it all came out. It has an on/off switch so I don't drain the battery.

Installed some cheap bags on the Rebel.
I primarily got them because they're cheap and the video ( very quickly ) showed them stowing a helmet. Couldn't tell if it was a half-helmet or full sized. VERY happy to see the expandable sides swallowed my giant Bell Revolution EVO modular without issue.
Probobly the single worst thing about them is they do not mount-demount in a quick and easy fashion as it's a strap based system. But it still allows my large Givi top case to go on over the top of them, and my Enduristan tool bag still nests under that luggage rack.
No ride yet as it's a rainy weekend.

Got to do a "speed run" to the pharmacy with those cheap saddlebags and the large Givi top case today and learned a few things:
1: The Reb 500 gets me to 80mph REAL quick in 4th gear.

2: Those cheap saddle bags did just fine. Was wondering if when empty they would lift or vibrate above 80mph, they did not, no issues at all. I put my prescription in the left side and pulled the double zippers closed but did not velcro the end flap down nor tuck it into the little mesh bag at the front, wanted to see if the wind would lift the flap or open the zippers, it did not, all was fine after a 20minute ride back home.

3: It was 50ºf and I need to remember to wear my balaclava lol. I also just ordered some new winter gloves from Revzilla. One finger was numb when I got home but that may have been a seam cutting off circulation.
So, happy happy with the bags, now I have to load them up a little, I'm sure they won't take much weight before the seams start to split, that low price has to show up somewhere.

4: Highway pegs on the crash bars are useless with my leg length ( I'm 5' 10" ). I might leave them on as "sliders", but I will probobly take them off.

Just catch last aproximately good weather few days ago, to ride our bikes to garage and changed oil 😃, disconnected and take batteries out of bikes and bring them to the house and charged them...
Auto part Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Engine
Auto part Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle

In the end, it was pretty good season, regarding all that covid ****🤥

Switched my fork bag out with this one from Amazon here. The one I had previously was a right side saddle bag that didn't fit. Got this for $19 on black Friday. It's still really affordable. View attachment 33400
Does the bag contact the fender? If not it will when the forks compress.

Does the bag contact the fender? If not it will when the forks compress.
Theres a slight space between the bag and the fender but you can't see it well on the photo. It doesn't matter to me if it touches unless its a safety issue then I'd change it to a smaller one that sits higher up on the forks. But I needed a bigger bag and I don't want to install a rear rack.

1,081 - 1,100 of 1,177 Posts