Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

What did you do to your 2017+ Honda Rebel 300/500 today?

453K views 1K replies 230 participants last post by  kinjane 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the 3rd Gen 2017+ Honda Rebel community!

Example: Took my Rebel 500 in to service today for an oil change. Can't wait till she gets broken in.

Example: Gave my Rebel 300 a nice wash followed by a coat of wax for protection.

Example: installed a new windscreen and weighted bar ends. The windscreen makes a huge difference at higher speeds.

Anything goes.... :wink2:

#7 ·
Just a suggestion, but maybe post links to what you bought in this thread?

My bike's not in yet (shipped today, so a few more days), but I have these Kuryakyn Kinetic grips (black on black) ready to install.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-kinetic-universal-grips

I also plan on replacing all the lights with LEDs, but haven't purchased anything yet.

#9 ·
So today I picked up my new Rebel, though they were mistaken on what was coming in... it is a black 500, but it's not the ABS model, so I saved a few extra hundred in price and taxes.

Put around 35 miles on it, then brought it home and installed the above linked grips (huge difference!) and an LED headlight kit (also huge difference!). Took it back out for another quick ride, so I'm probably a little over the 40 mile mark for the day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WVJR0D8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The wife is working doubles all weekend, so I plan on spending quite a bit of quality time getting to know this bike better, but so far, I'm super pleased!

#12 ·
I didn't take any before/after pics of the headlight for comparison, but I'll try and get some after pics soon. I will say that the LED kit has a heat sink on the back of the light, which makes reattaching the retainer clip a bit of a chore.

I'll get pics of the light and grips up soon.

#19 ·
#20 ·
Installed upper fork covers and meter visor (after 4 coats of black Plasti Dip on the underside). Next step will be a few coats of Plasti Dip on the silver headlight surround and radiator cap...ran out of daylight today.

Also replaced the allen head seat screws with thumb screws (why use tools if you don't have to, right?).

I also have the lower fork boots, but those are gonna wait a while, as it requires disassembly of the front end.

Attachments

#895 ·
Installed upper fork covers and meter visor (after 4 coats of black Plasti Dip on the underside). Next step will be a few coats of Plasti Dip on the silver headlight surround and radiator cap...ran out of daylight today.

Also replaced the allen head seat screws with thumb screws (why use tools if you don't have to, right?).

I also have the lower fork boots, but those are gonna wait a while, as it requires disassembly of the front end.

How easy is it to fit the upper covers please?

#32 ·
I've seen several people mention a 600 mile dealer service with oil/filter change, valve clearance checks, etc...

The only thing the manual shows for 600 miles is to change the oil and filter. There's no valve clearance check until several thousand miles (somewhere in the teens, if I recall correctly).

#35 ·
Today took off the passenger seat, re-installed the riders seat.
Put a pair of engine filler panels, (if that's what they are called) these are stuck on the frame with 3m flex tape so will have to see how well they stick after riding on some poor road surfaces.
I've put on a shift sock too as the paints already rubbing off.
Painted the tire logo's

Attachments

#53 ·
Today took off the passenger seat, re-installed the riders seat.
Put a pair of engine filler panels, (if that's what they are called) these are stuck on the frame with 3m flex tape so will have to see how well they stick after riding on some poor road surfaces.
I've put on a shift sock too as the paints already rubbing off.

Mate where did you get the engine filler panels from? They look amazing..bulks the look out a little

#45 ·
Left my bike at the Corbin factory

I called Corbin to see if they have a seat for the Rebel, my butt has been pestering me to upgrade my seat for a while now :wink2:

They said that if I could "lend" them my bike for a few weeks for R&D, I will get whatever they make for it during this time for free!

Since I live 1.5 hours from their Hollister, CA factory, I agreed.

I'm very excited to see what they come up with :)

Stay tuned for pics once this project is complete.

#47 ·
I called Corbin to see if they have a seat for the Rebel, my butt has been pestering me to upgrade my seat for a while now :wink2:

They said that if I could "lend" them my bike for a few weeks for R&D, I will get whatever they make for it during this time for free!

Since I live 1.5 hours from their Hollister, CA factory, I agreed.

I'm very excited to see what they come up with :)

Stay tuned for pics once this project is complete.
Awesome, do are you sending a passenger seat to them as well? Can't wait to see the result.