Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wonder what you guys are using for communications with other riders. Also what do you do for listing to music if you want to?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I picked up a set of these last year, been pretty happy with it so far:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DGX2DTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can stream music or listen to the radio, answer calls, and communicate with other riders.

Pretty good bang for the buck in my opinion. Good sound quality, easy to set up and use, battery lasts forever.

Negatives: The sticky velcro tape to attach the mic to your helmet is garbage. I peeled it off and replaced with some dollar store stuff, and that works great. I don't think you can sync this to other brands of devices, I've never tried. I use this mostly for music when I'm riding alone, or when the wife rides 2 up so we can talk without screaming.

-CG

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DGX2DTK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can stream music or listen to the radio, answer calls, and communicate with other riders.

Pretty good bang for the buck in my opinion. Good sound quality, easy to set up and use, battery lasts forever.

Negatives: The sticky velcro tape to attach the mic to your helmet is garbage. I peeled it off and replaced with some dollar store stuff, and that works great. I don't think you can sync this to other brands of devices, I've never tried. I use this mostly for music when I'm riding alone, or when the wife rides 2 up so we can talk without screaming.

-CG
Thanks for the link I will look into those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This looks really interesting. How's battery life?

Thanks.
Hey sorry for the late reply. I'd say the battery isn't the greatest. I can't put exact numbers to it. I think it depends on how many functions you are using. I usually record video and lately I stream music from my phone at the same time. My rides are usually short. I'd guess you'd get a couple of hours. I always recharge between rides. One time I didn't and I ran out of juice and wasn't able to record but the audio funcions still worked for about 20 minutes.

Also I've heard of people using portable power banks during rides to extend the power for longer rides.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

-CG
Well I have a pair of these coming in today.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sounds like you guys have it figured out. I ride alone so my communication needs remain very simple. As for music, that's provided by the wind and exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts