Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had originally set my 1100 up with the smaller 10L bags on both sides. To get the larger 14L bag to fit on the right side for muffler clearance I simply remounted the plastic latching plate about 1.5" lower on the bag to get the clearance needed. Did the same on the 14L left side bag to keep the installed height the same. Also note I did not use the spacers included with the mounting brackets between the brackets and fender side rail...gives the bags a little closer fit to the bike.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Luggage and bags Bag Gas Chair Auto part

size comparison between the 14 and 10 liter bags...happy to have a little more storage space

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Premium Member
2021 Rebel 1100 DCT
I had originally set my 1100 up with the smaller 10L bags on both sides. To get the larger 14L bag to fit on the right side for muffler clearance I simply remounted the plastic latching plate about 1.5" lower on the bag to get the clearance needed. Did the same on the 14L left side bag to keep the installed height the same. Also note I did not use the spacers included with the mounting brackets between the brackets and fender side rail...gives the bags a little closer fit to the bike.

View attachment 35707 View attachment 35708 View attachment 35709

size comparison between the 14 and 10 liter bags...happy to have a little more storage space

View attachment 35710
Excellent. I was thinking about the same thing. I just feel like even the "big" bag is too small. I may go for the T-rex Givi set up if/when they ever come back into stock. By the way, I think you only need the spacers if you are going to install the Honda rear carrier.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent. I was thinking about the same thing. I just feel like even the "big" bag is too small. I may go for the T-rex Givi set up if/when they ever come back into stock. By the way, I think you only need the spacers if you are going to install the Honda rear carrier.
I had thought of getting the Givi E22N hard cases and taking the plastic latch plates off my Honda nylon bags and attaching them to the Givi cases to be able to attach the cases to the Honda 3 point brackets. I did a similar mod on some cheap hard cases that I eventually got rid of because they were just not very good quality.

plastic latch plates taken from Honda nylon bags and mounted on hard case

Tire Automotive tire Light Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

the installation instructions calls for spacers with the rear carrier and also when installing just the bag mounting brackets too

I did have to use flat washers in place of the spacers to fill the depressions in the side rail...you can see the washer in the right rear bracket mount in the second picture in my original post.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Music Elbow

Reactions: JohnLa
1 - 6 of 6 Posts