Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2017 Rebel 300 abs that I really enjoy riding. I was thing of getting the 500 but then I ran across the Kawasaki Vulcan 650s and I like the way it looks and it does not cost that much more then the Rebel 500. I was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with the 650s and if so how would you compare it to the Rebel?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm sure you've probably already seen these but there's a few comparison videos on youtube. No surprise to any of us here on the forum as to which one pretty much comes out on top. :wink2: Though it may depend on what you're looking fo.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I thought some on here reported in about possibly or actually changing to the Vulcan. With a search you might find something useful on here. Its extra weight would be a disadvantage for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am going to stick to the Rebel platform as it is a blank canvas and as fun as my wife's 300 is I cant wait to try out the 500. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really like the Vulcan S a lot but I hate the color schemes they do on them. If they would offer them in gloss black and get rid of the huge ugly Kawasaki badge on the tank they would look way better. Also the headlight is a stupid heart shape should be round.

·
Registered
944 Posts
you can probably find an older thread about it, because @longbeachgary traded his Rebel 500 on a Vulcan S if i'm not mistaken.
I was actually looking at one in the spring. dealership had a used one they let me ride (while i considered a new one) i like the fact the controls could be adjusted based on height etc, but the forward controls felt hard to maneuver.. like my boots were way too high in the air to reach the brake and gear lever.
Now to be fair i've never ridden a forward control bike, but if that's any indication, I don't want to either.
as mentioned, I also like to be able to lift my butt off the seat at times, whether it's for potholes, bumps, or just a quick seat adjustment. I don't see that being nearly the same with forward controls...
i'm happy i stuck with the rebel.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I sold my Rebel 500 to get the 650.

Pros for the 650 are Faster, Quicker, Better seating position (some may not like the forward controls but I love them), Tach, Gear indicator, One thing I HATED about the Rebel was the horn and turn signal locations.

Pros for the 500, Fast, Qucik, Custom options available, Price.

I'm not saying that the Rebel is a bad bike, in fact I think it's a great bike and would recommend it to anyone. The S fits me better and I don't have to deal with the stupid horn.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I noticed horn and signal location on the Rebel when I first got it. It took about 2 seconds to realize I needed to move my thumb 1/4 inch, no problem after that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts