Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small face lift for the Rebel. Upper Forks, Side Covers and trim ring on the Gauge. Little carbon fiber vinyl wrap, not quite profesional but not bad for the first time working with the stuff!

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Small face lift for the Rebel. Upper Forks, Side Covers and trim ring on the Gauge. Little carbon fiber vinyl wrap, not quite profesional but not bad for the first time working with the stuff!
Looks good. Where in the LBC are you? I'm in Bixby Knolls.

·
Registered
437 Posts
How much Plasti-Dip would I need to do my fenders?
Kenny G
A can would probably do it, two if you want it to be super durable (but will be harder to take off if you ever wanted). Also a lot of free time haha. I love Plasti-dip but It's def a slow process especially when doing bigger things, OP seems to of done a great job though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A can would probably do it, two if you want it to be super durable (but will be harder to take off if you ever wanted). Also a lot of free time haha. I love Plasti-dip but It's def a slow process especially when doing bigger things, OP seems to of done a great job though.

Brian,
Where is the best place to purchase Plast-Dip?

Kenny G

·
Registered
114 Posts
Brian,
Where is the best place to purchase Plast-Dip?

Kenny G
Any hardware store around you Kenny. It's originally for coating your tools to prevent them from rusting. Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc will all carry it.

And oddly enough I didn't find Plasti-Dip to be all that time consuming. Start with a very light layer then every 10-15 minutes add another layer, and build from there. Mine dried in between each coat perfectly fine.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i've bought some at home depot, and on Amazon for various things. :) works well, and if you're not happy with the results, peel it off and do it again

·
Registered
437 Posts
Any hardware store around you Kenny. It's originally for coating your tools to prevent them from rusting. Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc will all carry it.

And oddly enough I didn't find Plasti-Dip to be all that time consuming. Start with a very light layer then every 10-15 minutes add another layer, and build from there. Mine dried in between each coat perfectly fine.
Brian,
Thank you very much ....
Kenny G
yeah just some people expect to be able to spray in one coat and be done and that's the worst thing you can do with plasti dip, It's very thick and heavy and will drip really easily. but yeah if you have like 2-3 hours to spare you'll do a lot better job! My buddy plasti dipped his wheels on his car 3 years ago and did like a can a wheel and they still look amazing like the day they first did them.

and also as someone answered earlier, you can buy it pretty much anywhere you can buy spray paint, home depot, lowes, any hardware store. Good luck Kenny and whoever else tries to go this route! SLOW AND STEADY ALWAYS WINS WITH PLASTI DIP.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts