Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around on dropping my bike off at a local shop to install the viking saddlebags and they did a great job. They did how ever had to drop my two brothers exhaust down an inch or so but the bags look great.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
How did they drop the TBR exhaust down? I have on order both, the Viking Saddlebags & the TBR exhaust, but I plan to install them both myself. I was just wondering how they were able
to angle it downward an inch or so?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don’t think he did. Looks like it’s just the angle of the photo. Also judging how he still has room to use the passenger foot pegs makes me believe the bags are not the large bags like I got on mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don’t think he did. Looks like it’s just the angle of the photo. Also judging how he still has room to use the passenger foot pegs makes me believe the bags are not the large bags like I got on mine.
Do you have any problems with the large saddlebags & the TRB exhaust?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally got around on dropping my bike off at a local shop to install the viking saddlebags and they did a great job. They did how ever had to drop my two brothers exhaust down an inch or so but the bags look great.
Are you able to take a close up pic in between the saddlebags & bike? I'm curious how you mounted yours. Looks like you drilled holes in the shock cutout area? I'm assuming I'll have to do the same with mine. I guess the hard part will be marking the spots on the saddlebag.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have any problems with the large saddlebags & the TRB exhaust?
Actually, his dimensions are bigger than the Large saddlebags I got from Viking, based on the link he posted. His are the Spear Shock Cutout Saddlebags, whereas mine are Warrior Shock Cutout Large saddlebags. I guess that should be a good thing for me when I install mine. Lol!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes mine sit about an inch and a half from the passenger peg making it unusable and can’t even. Fold it closed. So I had to weld me up some mini running boards for my passenger.

·
Registered
14 Posts
FWIW I mounted the Warrior saddle bags and have the TBR exhaust. I spent probably 3 hours alone lining up drill locations. An absolute pain. The shock cutout actually makes it far more difficult to mount with the TBR exhaust. They would have been a breeze if they kept the old non-cutout bag.

The best I could do, at the limits of available space, afforded me about 0.5-0.75 inches clearance between the closest parts of the exhaust tip and right saddle bag. This has led to some slight bubbling on the underside of the bag that hasn't worsened in months. Not very noticeable and not very bad.

After a 25 min ride I measured the interior temp of the bag at about 110F and underside at about 125F I think. Exhaust near the bag was around 140F.

Not an ideal setup but acceptable given the measured temps. Riding in AZ or some other desert state could easily produce those temps just from radiant road heat.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Rebel 500
17 Posts
Hey jamnaccent02, it looks like your shop boys angled the TBR down a bit and bolted it to the swing arm. Would you say that’s correct? Good thinking and kudos to them. I asked my local mechanic about lowering the TBR for my Viking bags and he said, “No.” So I’m not sure what to do. I’m not ready to give up on it yet. Nice looking setup though jamnaccent02!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts