Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some Viking Saddlebags for my 2017 Honda Rebel 300 and a Two Brothers Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust. I was looking at the pics and realized the exhaust is angled up higher and I'm concerned that the saddlebags may not fit and/or could melt the saddlebags due to the upward angle of the exhaust. Has anyone been able to angle the exhaust more downward when installing them in order to fit the saddlebags and prevent it from burning/melting the saddlebag?

·
Registered
527 Posts
How do you like your TBR exhaust, especially in comparison to the stock exhaust?
Honestly, the more highway riding the more I don't like the TBR. It's really loud with a 3/4 helmet. A lot louder than any car or other motorcycle around. Around town though it sounds amazing while in lower rpm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's really odd. I guess I've heard mixed reviews regarding the TBR exhaust. Some say they love it, others feel it's so loud they need ear plugs, and some say they're no louder than a harley. One of my reasons for getting it is so ppl will hear me coming, so for safety reasons & also because I prefer the lower throaty growl rather than what almost sounds like a dirt bike to me. On the videos i watched, it sounds awesome. Then again, some also said that it sounds different & louder in person too. I'm at a loss at what to believe. I guess I'll have to wait till I get mine & install it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just hope I don't regret buying this exhaust. I can be impulsive at times & two days later after placing my order, I was emailed from a Vance & Hines representative saying that their exhaust for the rebel is finally coming out for sale next month in August.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woooooooow!!! This sucker is LOUD!!!! Just installed the TBR & took it for a spin & holy bejeezus this thing loud! I love the sound & lower growl but it's just as a lot have said, super loud & nearly deafening. I think I'm going to have to get the DB Killer/Silencer. This thing will wake up everyone in my neighborhood when I leave for work in the mornings at 6:30! My neighbors are going to hate me for awhile, at least until I get the silencer. Lol!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Woooooooow!!! This sucker is LOUD!!!! Just installed the TBR & took it for a spin & holy bejeezus this thing loud! I love the sound & lower growl but it's just as a lot have said, super loud & nearly deafening. I think I'm going to have to get the DB Killer/Silencer. This thing will wake up everyone in my neighborhood when I leave for work in the mornings at 6:30! My neighbors are going to hate me for awhile, at least until I get the silencer. Lol!
I have the DB killer. It'll slightly deepen the tone, but not lower the overall loudness unfortunately.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the DB killer. It'll slightly deepen the tone, but not lower the overall loudness unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

How do you like the sound with the DB killer? Still just as good with or without? So far no neighbor complaints, but then again I keep the revs as low as possible while riding out. I do get a lot of looks from ppl/pedestrians in the streets before I even pass them. Cars also now move over well before I get to them when lane splitting, which was my main goal, safety wise anyway. Lol! I just don't want to be "that guy," the ahole with the obnoxiously loud exhaust rolling down the street. Hahaha!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I prefer the sound with the DB killer. Lowers the frequency and slightly deepens the tone. BUT...it's still really loud. So if you're okay with the tone you have now, I'd say save your money. You'll only notice a drop in decibel if you're using some sort of decibel reader. Not enough of a drop to tell with your ears in my opinion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Pinlock earplugs - greatly reduces wind noise in a 3/4 helmet and tones down the TBR. I can still talk to the gas attendant and hear other important sounds. Try them.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Pinlock earplugs - greatly reduces wind noise in a 3/4 helmet and tones down the TBR. I can still talk to the gas attendant and hear other important sounds. Try them.
when i read your post about gas attendant I immediately thought "they must live in Jersey" LOL
hate having to stop for gas there if i'm driving through...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the TBR with dB killer on my Rebel. To say it is loud is an understatement! Definitely recommend earplugs, especially on the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered some Viking Saddlebags for my 2017 Honda Rebel 300 and a Two Brothers Comp-S Slip-On Exhaust. I was looking at the pics and realized the exhaust is angled up higher and I'm concerned that the saddlebags may not fit and/or could melt the saddlebags due to the upward angle of the exhaust. Has anyone been able to angle the exhaust more downward when installing them in order to fit the saddlebags and prevent it from burning/melting the saddlebag?
I have the large Viking saddlebags and just ordered the TBR exhaust. This setup does NOT work if the saddlebags are installed properly over the shocks. You can’t even fit the exhaust onto the bracket. In the picture posted by @dollarbill181, the saddlebags are mounted behind the shocks (defeating the purpose of the shock cutout design of the bag).

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts