Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my Viking Saddlebags today! They are the Universal Warrior Medium Slanted Saddlebags Item # 9821 (no shock cut out). Over the 4th of July they had a 25% off deal and after shipping and tax, I paid $189.00 for the bags including mounts 馃槂. They bags bolted up nicely! If you use the second to the last pre drilled hole for the fender mount, it positions the bags perfectly for height and distance from the exhaust, rear shock, and passenger pegs. Overall I am very please with these bags and was amazed how perfect they fit! :love:

Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great 馃憤. And great price too.
Thanks! I did have to move them another half inch back since I noticed they started to rub my rear shocks. I wish I could have bought the bags made with the rear shock cut out, but they were sold out due to the sale.

Registered
Thanks! I did have to move them another half inch back since I noticed they started to rub my rear shocks. I wish I could have bought the bags made with the rear shock cut out, but they were sold out due to the sale.
Actually actually it looks better that way a little bit to the rear end :).

Registered
Just installed my Viking Saddlebags today! They are the Universal Warrior Medium Slanted Saddlebags Item # 9821 (no shock cut out). Over the 4th of July they had a 25% off deal and after shipping and tax, I paid $189.00 for the bags including mounts 馃槂. They bags bolted up nicely! If you use the second to the last pre drilled hole for the fender mount, it positions the bags perfectly for height and distance from the exhaust, rear shock, and passenger pegs. Overall I am very please with these bags and was amazed how perfect they fit! :love:

View attachment 32327

View attachment 32328

View attachment 32329
They look lovely! The curve of the bag works really well with the shape of the passenger seat to create a smooth and cohesive look. And of course, congrats on scoring them on sale! 馃槈

Registered
I have the same bags but with the shock cut out. When i put them on, i didn't even think of carrying a passenger but then the girl decided she wants to ride so i installed the seat and pegs for her but there's almost no room for her feet on the pegs. And if i redrill holes i might get another 陆inch but that's it. I can't go any farther because of the shock cut outs. Though they do look more in line with the bike being further down and forward. Im thinking of getting a little bracket fabbed to extend the pegs forward but i have no idea where to get something like that done.

Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
Discussion Starter #8
tleovin: Are you saying that your bags fit perfectly without needing to drill any holes? Thanks.
You still need to drill holes. The perfect part was about using the current holes to line up the top bolts. If you use those existing holes as a reference point, it puts the bags at a very nice height in relation to the passenger seat.

Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same bags but with the shock cut out. When i put them on, i didn't even think of carrying a passenger but then the girl decided she wants to ride so i installed the seat and pegs for her but there's almost no room for her feet on the pegs. And if i redrill holes i might get another 陆inch but that's it. I can't go any farther because of the shock cut outs. Though they do look more in line with the bike being further down and forward. Im thinking of getting a little bracket fabbed to extend the pegs forward but i have no idea where to get something like that done.
Yes I looked at the shock cut out bags also and thought they placed the bags a little to close to the passenger pegs. Best of luck with repositioning the pegs on your bike.

Registered
I went with Vikings Large slanted saddle bags w/shock cutout. I haven't got them mounted yet (working on it XD) but I got the Easy brackets instead of hard mounting them. Doing some fitting this past weekend, I found...they are LARGE. The front of the bag almost sits on the passenger pegs, actually I have to put them out otherwise the bag won't fit. It's kinda funny, but than again my only passenger has been my mother (she's 63 and has been in 4 bike accidents - gimme a break here) but there will be no way a psseneger could use those pegs with the bags on....Hence the easy brackets! One quick twist of a key and bam! Off they come.
Might be something to look into (or fab up something similar) for a solution.

Registered
I went with Vikings Large slanted saddle bags w/shock cutout. I haven't got them mounted yet (working on it XD) but I got the Easy brackets instead of hard mounting them. Doing some fitting this past weekend, I found...they are LARGE. The front of the bag almost sits on the passenger pegs, actually I have to put them out otherwise the bag won't fit. It's kinda funny, but than again my only passenger has been my mother (she's 63 and has been in 4 bike accidents - gimme a break here) but there will be no way a psseneger could use those pegs with the bags on....Hence the easy brackets! One quick twist of a key and bam! Off they come.
Might be something to look into (or fab up something similar) for a solution.
Wow thanks for the idea. Hadnt Seen these before. I think im gonna go with the Viking "quick disconnect"system. Because of their universal fit, it looks like I'll be able to slide the bag back on the bracket and have passenger room even with the bags on. Removability will just be an awesome bonus feature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts