Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
****, that didn't show up properly. Sorry everyone. Tried to do it on my phone... didn't work...whomp whomp

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Here you go guys and gals, my top 5 dislikes of the Honda Rebel 300!

https://youtu.be/7z7DbNXe400
Ryan,

Nice video. What part of the city are you riding in when you made the video?

I like my 2017 Rebel 500 but they no longer manufacturer motorcycles for your basic White American Male. I had to jack up my seat 3 inches so I can ride The Rebel....The future belongs to Asians and short legged women.....

Kenny G

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ryan,

I like my 2017 Rebel 500 but they no longer manufacturer motorcycles for your basic White American Male. I had to jack up my seat 3 inches so I can ride The Rebel....The future belongs to Asians and short legged women.....

Kenny G
I'm in Brooklyn. In the video I'm riding around the neighborhood called Park Slope. Three inches!? Did you post photos in the forum? I don't know how I missed that...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm in Brooklyn. In the video I'm riding around the neighborhood called Park Slope. Three inches!? Did you post photos in the forum? I don't know how I missed that...
Here is a pic, used black for the bottom half of the seat so that it doesn't look like a bar stool.

3 inches of additional foam adds considerably to rider comfort when on all day ride.....

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Not really sure what's different with your mic compared to the other video about the likes, but in this video it was a little annoying to listen to. Should probably look into that.

I can relate on it being kinda cramped, I'm at 6'1 and I at times feel like I'm twice the size of the bike :p
But even still, I haven't felt that I have "suffered" on longer rides with it. I dunno, might just be me, maybe I like small cramped spaces..? Not a fetish I've discovered thus far...

In regards of the handlebars and it's plugs... Take a look:
http://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/129-appearance-modifications/2146-bar-end-mirrors-done.html
You don't have to drill out the whole piece. I made quite the good use of them instead.

Front suspension.
You can change the top part and replace them with adjustable ones, so you're not stuck with it if you don't want it that way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is a pic, used black for the bottom half of the seat so that it doesn't look like a bar stool.

3 inches of additional foam adds considerably to rider comfort when on all day ride.....

Kenny G
I’m assuming that you had this custom made? How much did it cost? I need mine to be higher too. I’m 6’ and find myself riding with the bar on my tailbone.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I’m assuming that you had this custom made? How much did it cost? I need mine to be higher too. I’m 6’ and find myself riding with the bar on my tailbone.
Hello 302,

The seat cost me $ 162.38 including Texas Sales Tax.

The seat is certainly a whole lot more comfortable with the additional 3 inches of foam. The main reason for elevating the seat was to be able to pick my feet up off of the ground and put them on the pegs. Compared to an aftermarket seat $162.00 isn't a bad price for something that you know will work. If I had the seat done again I would probably add a gel pad......

Kenny G

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ryan,

Kenny G
Kenny, I hope you’re not complaining. You people have your choice of just about any bike. You should see me trying to sit on a KLR650 or any of the BMW adventure bikes. I need a step ladder. Us short people have one bike and the rebel is it.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Kenny, I hope you’re not complaining. You people have your choice of just about any bike. You should see me trying to sit on a KLR650 or any of the BMW adventure bikes. I need a step ladder. Us short people have one bike and the rebel is it.
Gary,

If you noticed I have not criticized anyone's height or weight, nor have I picked derogatory names to label anyone that is not my size or weight.

After 65 years of continuous riding I can no longer walk into a dealer and pick a bike that exactly fits my requirements and limitations. For those that are fortunate enough to make it to their 80th birthday, and be able to do everything that they could do when they were 40, will find that many things have changed. I cannot change so I have to adapt products to fit my needs.

I rest my case.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Gary,

If you noticed I have not criticized anyone's height or weight, nor have I picked derogatory names to label anyone that is not my size or weight.

After 65 years of continuous riding I can no longer walk into a dealer and pick a bike that exactly fits my requirements and limitations. For those that are fortunate enough to make it to their 80th birthday, and be able to do everything that they could do when they were 40, will find that many things have changed. I cannot change so I have to adapt products to fit my needs.

I rest my case.

Kenny G
Jeez Kenny, I was only joking. I did not mean to offend you or anyone else. I apologize if I did.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Jeez Kenny, I was only joking. I did not mean to offend you or anyone else. I apologize if I did.
Gary,

No apology necessary, I am not offended in the least.

From time to time someone points out that everyone is not 6' tall, believe it or not I knew that.

At one time the Harley Shops looked like they were hosting an athletic activity, that is no longer the case.

Kenny G

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello 302,

The seat cost me $ 162.38 including Texas Sales Tax.

The seat is certainly a whole lot more comfortable with the additional 3 inches of foam. The main reason for elevating the seat was to be able to pick my feet up off of the ground and put them on the pegs. Compared to an aftermarket seat $162.00 isn't a bad price for something that you know will work. If I had the seat done again I would probably add a gel pad......

Kenny G
Sorry but you didn’t say if it was custom (I’m assuming it was), or if you just found it on eBay or something.

If it was custom, where did you have it made? The price is excellent, BTW.

·
Registered
91 Posts
1> Can't keep it forever.
Whaaaaaat?!?

It's a Honda...you CAN keep it forever. I bought my first bike (Honda Shadow) new in 97 and still have it despite a fire that totaled it last year, got a salvage title now and still riding it daily; and a pair of 250 Rebels in 2003 that I still have. Trust me, you can keep a Honda as long as you want. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts