Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The proto is already out there

I contacted V&H, they said it will hit the market at the end of the year, no price tag yet

·
Registered
24 Posts
I contacted them 2 weeks ago. They said it was out in Aug and would be $299. They told someone else it would be out later this month, same price. ....for what it's worth.

I love the sound of it but the looks are just ok. The price is decent though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been waiting for 2 years for Vance & Hines come out with a slip on. It doesn't sound much different than my Musarri and although I like the length I don't care for the appearance at the end.

Kenny G
Two years is too long, I totally understand.

This is the answer I got from them. Maybe US market will have it sooner (I'm in Europe):

It is not currently in production, I would check back toward the end of the year. The cost is also yet to be determined.
Thank you,
Customer Service Team

·
Registered
219 Posts
Finally took the baffle out of the Musarri...found it too loud during the first few rides without it but then starting to really like it.

I have been waiting for 2 years for Vance & Hines come out with a slip on. It doesn't sound much different than my Musarri and although I like the length I don't care for the appearance at the end.

Kenny G

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I’ve seen them all. They are all over priced. Yes some shortys are inexpensive. So far my opinion is none of them do anything any better than the group as a whole. I hate the oem can, can’t count how many times the can caught my heel on takeoff. This Vance is probably no different but it does have a good sound imo. I’ve been thinking about custom since none of these actually improve performance that the seat of the pants Dino can feel and it’s really about which looks the best to the owner. I’ve been looking at some Indian take offs perhaps some triumph take offs as well. They are close to 1000cc bikes so one of them is ready for my 500. What’s holding me back is the adapter that would be needed. I’m starting to think it’s something I may have to have made but if it can’t be made and appear like it was an oem part then the mod isn’t worth it and then I’m back to I hate the can and aftermarket are over priced and don’t do it for me yet. I’ll be looking for the Vance in stores and asking the only question in my mind that counts; Do I like how it looks????

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I’ve seen them all. They are all over priced. Yes some shortys are inexpensive. So far my opinion is none of them do anything any better than the group as a whole. I hate the oem can, can’t count how many times the can caught my heel on takeoff. This Vance is probably no different but it does have a good sound imo. I’ve been thinking about custom since none of these actually improve performance that the seat of the pants Dino can feel and it’s really about which looks the best to the owner. I’ve been looking at some Indian take offs perhaps some triumph take offs as well. They are close to 1000cc bikes so one of them is ready for my 500. What’s holding me back is the adapter that would be needed. I’m starting to think it’s something I may have to have made but if it can’t be made and appear like it was an oem part then the mod isn’t worth it and then I’m back to I hate the can and aftermarket are over priced and don’t do it for me yet. I’ll be looking for the Vance in stores and asking the only question in my mind that counts; Do I like how it looks????
The last adapter that I had made at an automotive muffler shop was $15.00 or $20.00 and it was made out of aluminzed steel. I was able to use Harley Clamps on it. I put a heat shield over it to cover the adapter and the clamps and it looked really good.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
The last adapter that I had made at an automotive muffler shop was $15.00 or $20.00 and it was made out of aluminzed steel. I was able to use Harley Clamps on it. I put a heat shield over it to cover the adapter and the clamps and it looked really good.

Kenny G
What muffler did you use, it's not shown?
Got rid of the Musarri?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
What muffler did you use, it's not shown?
Got rid of the Musarri?
That was a Sportster muffler I put on my Suzuki S40.
The Harley mufflers are really good quality and they last forever and the chrome always looks new..
I have the Musarri muffler and haven't gotten around to working on a Sportster muffler just yet.

Kenny G

·
Registered
48 Posts
I emailed Vance & Hines last week about this. They got back to me yesterday. From what they're saying, it's going to be released in August of this year! So only a few weeks away... I did ask about a price, but they didn't give me the info on that. I guess we will find out soon enough.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts