Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done all the mods to make my bike comfortable for me to ride. I am very happy with how it turned out. I want to do a few mods for no other reason but to make it look the way I want it to. I like the look of the gaiters and upper fork covers. I found the gaiters that I think look and fit best. What I can’t find are the upper covers. Please jump in here and let me know what you bought or how you covered the upper forks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I vinyl wrapped it. You can buy a piece at your local car wrap place for a few bucks. Works beautifully and holds up well

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kit arrived. Would someone mind adding a step by step set of instructions. I never messed with this before and a how too would be great

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dude...it's just vinyl, I described the jist of it with the dimensions I used earlier in this thread.

Main tips:
- Measure a bit more (wrap a string or ruler around the tube to measure the circumference), then test fit with the backing still on, trim if necessary.
- Trim with a good clean blade (boxcutter, exacto etc...).
- It should have lines on the back to help you cut straight.
- Any overlap should face the inside of the fork.
- Peel 2" off the end top to bottom, stick one end on the inside of the tube, pull and gradually peel back the rest of the backing as you go around evenly, pressing it down to avoid bubbles.
- Have fun, enjoy and don't be stressed.

Easy for me to say as I got a roll of it for $15 enough to do 10 forks so re-doing it was always an option if i messed up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts