Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My head light would only work on high beam, so I decided to replace it. I found a DZG H4 Motorcycle LED Headlight Bulb 9003 HB2 HS1 P43t 6500K CREE Chips High Low Beam Light Conversion Kit on Amazon for about $23 bucks.

I guess the key here is H4 being the size.

I looked up the standard bulb replacement, then searched Amazon for the same size LED replacement. This particular bulb/light fit perfectly. No modifications, no bulky fan to wrestle with, and it only took under five minutes to install.

1. Remove two bottom screws at the base of the light cover with the Allen wrench that came with the machine.
  2. The light cover comes out by pushing it back away from the silver ring, then straight up.
  3. Remove the power cable from the back of the bulb.
  4. Remove the rubber casing by pulling on the two tabs on each side.
  5. Unlatch the bulb latch.
  6. Remove the bulb.
    (The LED came with a pair of white gloves to protect the device from oils on your skin.)
  7. Insert the LED bulb matching the side notches, and then worked backwards - secured the bulb clasp, reattached the rubber cover, then the power supply.
Tested both high and log beams before putting on light cover. Works great!

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Led lights in halogen housings usually aren't projected properly onto the road or the cutoff line isn't always the best. I've seen some people say it's actually illegal in some areas. Also I've seen some amazing results with a high Lumen halogen bulb vs led bulbs.

take a picture of your light at night time. take a photo like 10 feet away from a wall and then face your bike down the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip/food for thought.

I am pretty happy with the results and have had a few people ask me where I got the bulb. My cut off point is awesome since I am able to adjust it with the housing itself. This light really lights up the night sky.

Next time I take a night ride I will try to remember to grab a pic.

Happy trails.

·
Registered
420 Posts
How long will these LED's last? I like the brightness but I'm not sure I trust a bulb that needs a built in fan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts