Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know thìs has been asked, but looking to replace the old dunlops. I see the popular ones are the commanders but the guy at the shop suggested these might be a bit heavy for the 300?
He has suggested the pirelli mt 66 route (which i cant find many rebel reviews for) or he has a deal on some mt 60 rs (which does have some good rebel reviews but they are on/off road tyres), or back to the dreaded dunlops :s

Any advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I know thìs has been asked, but looking to replace the old dunlops. I see the popular ones are the commanders but the guy at the shop suggested these might be a bit heavy for the 300?
He has suggested the pirelli mt 66 route (which i cant find many rebel reviews for) or he has a deal on some mt 60 rs (which does have some good rebel reviews but they are on/off road tyres), or back to the dreaded dunlops :s

Any advice greatly appreciated
You can never go wrong with Michelin Commander III tires.
Kenny G

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I put Metzeler Cruisetec on mine when I scrapped the Dunlops. difference was nite and day. (y)

·
Registered
Bolt
75 Posts
The Commander III touring tires are probably heavy but the criuser version should weigh about the same as stock. If you go with Avon Cobra Chrome, you can get white walls or a radial rear. MT66 is a good tire but you might not be able to find the right sizes.

·
Registered
Bolt
75 Posts
The 300 is a light bike and doesn't make enough power to need those big ass tires. The old Honda CA77 came with 16"x1.85 rims and 3.25" (<90mm) tires. Weight and HP was almost the same as the Rebel but the CA77 didn't lean very far due to the low foot pegs. The rim and tire sizes Honda should have used for best handling shouldn't be the same as what >500 lb touring bikes come with. It should have 1/2" skinnier rims and 20-30mm skinnier tires at both ends. Too bad Honda chose looks over all else for the 300 and 500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts