Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

yesterday I installed my new Twin Brothers Exhaust. Sound is really loud and now I need to go buy some ear plugs. I would like to thank Arches Mechanic for a great video on how to remove the stock exhaust. Also if any one is interested in buying one should do so from revzilla. Revzilla does not charge taxes (free shipping) and is cheaper by almost $70 from twins website. Bought here

Arches video of removing Exhaust

Stock exhaust

Twin exhaust

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI it is Two brothers not twin brothers. I actually just ended up ordering the same one. Is your bike the 300 or 500?
Thanks for correcting me. Changing as we speak. But twin brothers does have a nice ring to it lol. Well cant edit it so its stuck to twin brothers

·
Registered
814 Posts
I LOVE my TBR exhaust!

I was in touch with them while they were still developing them, and got mine as part of their first shipment.

Pricey? Yes.

Worth it? Yes.
Yea I finally decided to copy you. I tried a cheap emgo slip on which def sounded better than stock, but it just still wasn't really loud enough to hear. So I finally paid and ordered the Two Bros. It should be here next week, I hope I like it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I finally decided to copy you. I tried a cheap emgo slip on which def sounded better than stock, but it just still wasn't really loud enough to hear. So I finally paid and ordered the Two Bros. It should be here next week, I hope I like it.
you'll love it. Makes the rebel sound like a real bike.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I got a 500. Too bad they didn't make a fuel map for it. I called them up and they said they didn't have one.
It honestly shouldn't need one. The 500 cat is in front of the exhaust and creats all the back pressure you would need. It really shouldn't cause any fuel issues. You could always get a power commander and have it dynod.

·
Banned
247 Posts
yesterday I installed my new Twin Brothers Exhaust.
I was very unimpressed with the sound of every slip on I had heard in videos until this TB.. man that is the exact sound I wanted to hear!

The price is sky high, I'm wondering if it will start to get cheaper as they sell more, I like the look and sound of it but 2-3 times the cost seems very high. Who knows, I might suck it up and buy it soon... its on my list lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,

yesterday I installed my new Twin Brothers Exhaust. Sound is really loud and now I need to go buy some ear plugs. I would like to thank Arches Mechanic for a great video on how to remove the stock exhaust. Also if any one is interested in buying one should do so from revzilla. Revzilla does not charge taxes (free shipping) and is cheaper by almost $70 from twins website. Bought here

Arches video of removing Exhaust

Stock exhaust

Twin exhaust

Awesome! I got mine from Revzilla as well. I love the exhaust!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just installed the Two Brothers in black and am really happy. One issue though - I kept the bolts/washers in the same order as they were with stock and I think matches Two Brothers instructions. Though everything is tight, because of the rubber washers it does have some wiggling. I don't remember if stock did this.

Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Also, my two cents - it sounds great and anyone who says it isn't much louder than stock is nuts. The tone and growl is strong and much louder. I may consider getting the baffler for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It honestly shouldn't need one. The 500 cat is in front of the exhaust and creats all the back pressure you would need. It really shouldn't cause any fuel issues. You could always get a power commander and have it dynod.

What about the 300, is the cat in front of the exhaust and how is that done? Usually the cat is in the muffler section and that is part of the reason why they are quieter.

Usually if you change the muffler, you will have to remap a fuel infected bike to ensure it runs properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I added K and N filter with my TBR exhaust. My 300 seems a little peppier. It def gets up to speed quicker and a heck of a lot noisier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
yesterday I installed my new Twin Brothers Exhaust.
I was very unimpressed with the sound of every slip on I had heard in videos until this TB.. man that is the exact sound I wanted to hear!

The price is sky high, I'm wondering if it will start to get cheaper as they sell more, I like the look and sound of it but 2-3 times the cost seems very high. Who knows, I might suck it up and buy it soon... its on my list lol.

I had the same thoughts. I bought it after weeks of deliberation, HAVE NOT REGRETTED IT ONCE! SHE SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What are your thoughts on highway riding with the TBR exhaust? I'm just curious cause I've heard mix reviews on it, from being so loud ppl need earplugs, to being no louder than any harley out there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
What are your thoughts on highway riding with the TBR exhaust? I'm just curious cause I've heard mix reviews on it, from being so loud ppl need earplugs, to being no louder than any harley out there.
It's not necessarily louder than any Harleys out there, but keep in mind that at highway speeds, the RPMs on the Rebel are wound up higher than they'd be on a big Harley, which definitely affects the sound output.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is loud enough on the highway for me to need earplugs. After installing my TBR exhaust on my 300, I took a 40 min ride on the highway. When I turned the bike off I had awful ringing in my ears. Earplugs always go in. I just wear a brain bucket helmet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts