Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here using a twin exhaust pipe for their rebel 300?

Just curious for I'm about to get my twin pipe next week. Did you noticed any changes in performance or top speed? Some guys told me that putting a twin to a single will have a noticeable lower performance.

The guy building my custom twin said he's gonna install something in the pipes so it will have a better performance instead of losing some.

Any inputs or ideas are appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome to forum. I cant see u getting more performance by adding a twin exhaust on a single cylinder bike

·
Registered
814 Posts

Just curious for I'm about to get my twin pipe next week. Did you noticed any changes in performance or top speed? Some guys told me that putting a twin to a single will have a noticeable lower performance.

The guy building my custom twin said he's gonna install something in the pipes so it will have a better performance instead of losing some.

Cheers
You won't get better performance with getting the bike retuned, and even then it would be minimal.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts

Cheers
good luck - we are going to need some pics of those pipes and a performance report

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to forum. I cant see u getting more performance by adding a twin exhaust on a single cylinder bike
Thank you for the reply. I made a mistake. I just talked to the guy. He said he will add something to the pipe to compensate for the lost of the performance. So it will be even. Not better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i installed my twin pipe exhaust system yesterday.

i didn't notice any lowered performance at all, in fact i noticed that it accelerates better now.

and it's loud! big low chug, sounds like a rea big bike. lol

they put a silencer on both pipes to tame it.

so far i'm loving it!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts