Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I noticed when I'm at a stand still and I rev the engine a little bit my rear left turn signal will flash, it doesn't do it while moving though. I was reading this could be a low battery related issue. Everything has worked fine for 8 months until now. Anyone want to throw in some ideas on what it could be? I'm going to try to get a new battery or a charger after work today.

Bike is garage kept, it's been rained on once or twice but that was a while ago. Also i don't do any sort of trickle charging or anything so I'm honestly leaning towards low battery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Battery - how old?
Has it sat for weeks without using?

If you are riding it now why would you think the battery is low?
The charging system should fix that unless the battery is old.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery - how old?
Has it sat for weeks without using?

If you are riding it now why would you think the battery is low?
The charging system should fix that unless the battery is old.
i ride it almost every day, and idk about the battery i was just reading online of another that had this problem and somebody was commenting saying i bet if you charge your battery the problem will go away.

and the battery is probably as old as the bike so 2017 and its never let me down or died before or anything. I have had problems with the brand of lights in the past though, I'm wondering if these are just failing like the last

·
Registered
117 Posts
"I have had problems with the brand of lights in the past though, I'm wondering if these are just failing like the last"

??

A 2017 and you have light problems already.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"I have had problems with the brand of lights in the past though, I'm wondering if these are just failing like the last"

??

A 2017 and you have light problems already.
no, I changed the rear indicators a year ago everything was great, i changed the front indicators to the same brand and they actually had some sort of factory defect that made them fail, i bought new indicators for the front and have had zero issues with them. now its looking like the indicators on the back are starting to fail also. everything worked great for a solid year and now things are being weird.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So the rear lights need to be changed??

Your charging system will keep the battery charged up.
No need to charge it. That's way I asked if it sat un-used for days/weeks.

At two plus years your battery should be good.
Saying that I only usually get about 3 years from a bike battery.
If your still wondering you should be able to have the battery load tested at your local Autozone or whatever you have near.
Load testing is the only test that will tell you if you have a good battery or not.
If your handy with a DMM you can do a quick check of battery voltage before starting, after starting (idle), and at high idle (above 3000rpm).
Those three numbers will tell you good info. Post the numbers if you measure them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the rear lights need to be changed??

Your charging system will keep the battery charged up.
No need to charge it. That's way I asked if it sat un-used for days/weeks.

At two plus years your battery should be good.
Saying that I only usually get about 3 years from a bike battery.
If your still wondering you should be able to have the battery load tested at your local Autozone or whatever you have near.
Load testing is the only test that will tell you if you have a good battery or not.
If your handy with a DMM you can do a quick check of battery voltage before starting, after starting (idle), and at high idle (above 3000rpm).
Those three numbers will tell you good info. Post the numbers if you measure them.
I'm assuming these lights just aren't a very good quality, probably going to go with these next time, https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-by-kellermann-bullet-1000-turn-signal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts