Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove our bikes ( wife and I) from Palm Beach FL area to Sanford FL to catch the auto train to Lorton VA (just near Washington DC) and then we were going to take back roads home over a 6 day period. But on arrival in Lorton our daughter texted of the hurricane on the way we were taking home and that it was passing over our home. So we made the discussion to Iron Butt it home 985 miles, which we did in 15 hours. Even with the bikes loaded as you can see they went great, we stopped every 120 to 140 miles for gas. That was Sunday 11/6/22 and we were home on Monday before the storm . It passed over our home on Wednesday night and fortunately no damage was done. So it just goes to show that the Rebel 500s make great touring bikes. See the attached pictures of how the bikes were loaded and them being loaded for the train trip in Sanford.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry to hear the trip was cut short. Glad yoh made it home safely.

Last week (Thursday) we were scheduled to take the Autotrain from Sanford to Lorton but it was cancelled due to equipment problems so we ended up driving from Melbourne back to NY. Long drive in a car. I can't imagine doing it non-stop on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
'21 Rebel 1100, '15 CTX 700
256 Posts
Big props to both of you. Did you consider to go an extra 15 miles to get your Iron Butt awards? My wife & I tour together, but she doesn't want to ride her own bike, so we have an 1100. You guys have more luggage capacity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big props to both of you. Did you consider to go an extra 15 miles to get your Iron Butt awards? My wife & I tour together, but she doesn't want to ride her own bike, so we have an 1100. You guys have more luggage capacity.
Yeah considered that, but you have to apply before you start the ride. Once you've covered 985 miles and are home there is no way you want to do another 15 miles, besides our dogs held us hostage once we arrived. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts