Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Any sound bytes/videos on the TBR exhaust? Impressions?
How long did the install take?

I actually got the exhaust before I took possession of my bike. there's still snow on the ground here (Northern Canada) and I'm waiting on a set of Continental ContiLegend whitewalls to show up before I take the bike. the install is literally 2 bolts, one for the clamp on to the cat, and one that mounts to the stock location. if it's anything like my 450L it will take longer to get your tools out then to do the job.

I'll do what I can to post some sounds clips, although I think the ones by TBR on youtube will be of much higher quality.

Did you get reamed by customs?
I always make sure the seller uses USPS. USPS and Can Post have an agreement going. Any other shipping company and you pay almost double the item price for a holding fee or hidden scam charge of some kind. I learned that the hard way years and years ago. Not going to name the company...but...yellow; charged 350 dollars extra on an item that was worth under 500. I only found out about the charge after the item arrived.

I am still on the fence about the DCT. Riding manual transmission is a skillset, now that skillset is suddenly unnecessary. I feel like I've been robbed. This is how I felt when I traded in my stick shift car for an Automatic years ago.
I think the manual transmission 'skillset' is two different skills. One is learning to operate a clutch when you choose a gear. The other is knowing when to choose a gear. Operating a clutch is not much of a skill. Choosing the correct gear at exactly the correct time, when entering a corner, is a skill one can work on forever.

Just because the DCT has an automatic mode, doesn't make it like a standard car auto trans. Formula 1 cars use DCT's but most standard cars use torque converters.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.