Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

TRADED IT IN FOR THE 1100 :)

6K views 47 replies 18 participants last post by  BackRdRider 
#1 ·
Just got back from the dealership with this baby.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks. I rode around on it for about 30 miles. You can definitely feel the increase in power. It feels weird riding with the DCT ( I always catch myself reaching for the clutch ). The instrument cluster is so cool, so much info on a small package. Unfortunately, with all the tech that they put on this bike, they did not put self cancelling turn signals.

#8 ·
Not much different from the 500. The ergonomics is almost the same. If you love the Rebel 500, you will not complain about riding comfort on this baby.

I am still on the fence about the DCT. Riding manual transmission is a skillset, now that skillset is suddenly unnecessary. I feel like I've been robbed. This is how I felt when I traded in my stick shift car for an Automatic years ago.

#13 ·
The ends circled in red are 7/8” diameter, the rest of the bar is 1”.
Right side (R) is about 7 1/2” long, left side (L) is about 8 1/2” (as near as I could measure without removing the end caps). The brake lever clamps on the edge of the 1” section. No idea the clutch lever clamps on the 1” or 7/8” section - can’t tell from the diagram, but somebody with a manual would easily see.

Oh for the love of God, manual and DCT have two different handlebar part numbers.

BTW, if anybody wants to know, I found the parts lists here: CLONK

#16 ·
It’ll need another shim for the brake lever assembly, and maybe one for the clutch too. If somebody is serious enough, they might be better just having a bar custom fab’d. I can’t imagine a company making up options to fit those parameters for one bike, but who knows. I also can’t imagine what Honda engineers are thinking when they come up with convoluted stuff like this. The CTX1300 had a bizarre setup too - 1 1/4” bar that tapered to 1” and then to 7/8” at the grips. o_O

#15 ·
Thank you for the diagram and taking the time to measure. Much appreciated. Looking to get the DCT model. I'm seeing this as my forever bike. Dealer was going to do some research; see if any previous year rebel after market bars would work. Long shot I know. May just have to wait it out.
Another potential option looking at your diagram would be the risers (part 3). Maybe longer ones?

#21 ·
If any members that now own the new 1100 and would like to submit some images, we may be able to use them to add to the forum and title banner.

As admin have already said “no google images“ for potential copy right issues.
Can you also take the photo/photos with a neutral background as they would be easier to edit into the banner.

#28 ·
I have mine, its at the dealer to get some tires put on it (whitewalls) I also have a two brothers exhaust that should be showing up tomorrow, some bar end mirrors, and I ordered a national cycle Mohawk windshield for it.
I was going to order some bars and just see what it would take, but thanks to another poster, I might hold off on that for now.
Lots of mods in mind, waiting to see what some aftermarket companies have to offer. But I might just start trying things on my own.

#29 ·
I have mine, its at the dealer to get some tires put on it (whitewalls) I also have a two brothers exhaust that should be showing up tomorrow, some bar end mirrors, and I ordered a national cycle Mohawk windshield for it.
I was going to order some bars and just see what it would take, but thanks to another poster, I might hold off on that for now.
Lots of mods in mind, waiting to see what some aftermarket companies have to offer. But I might just start trying things on my own.

View attachment 33811
What's up with the rope?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.