Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a tourmaster armored jacket when I got my bike a couple weeks back and I noticed the material on the cuffs, kinda velvety, is rubbing off?

I was at the dealer to sign some paperwork and asked about it and they said it's strange because it's a decent brand.
They also informed me that it's a womens jacket, and that is been in the store since 2013. It fits really well, I guess I have a lady frame, child bearing hips....something. I suspected the zipper was oriented the wrong way.

I'm guessing the age is the reason for the defect. Anyone have experience with Tourmaster gear?

Something better I should look into?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The zipper could just be the European style. Mine is actually this way also, a Bilt Techno mesh jacket. Either way if it fits who cares. Send a letter to the company about the shedding cuff issue, just because it sat on the shelf for 5 years is no reason for you to accept a failing product. (unless you were aware at the time of purchase and received a bargain price!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The zipper could just be the European style. Mine is actually this way also, a Bilt Techno mesh jacket. Either way if it fits who cares. Send a letter to the company about the shedding cuff issue, just because it sat on the shelf for 5 years is no reason for you to accept a failing product. (unless you were aware at the time of purchase and received a bargain price!)
Their offer was for me to send them the jacket to evaluate it and possible issue me a credit. I don't have a second jacket [should I?], so I would have to buy another in the meantime, which is financially not an option right now. Neither is riding without a jacket!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Their offer was for me to send them the jacket to evaluate it and possible issue me a credit. I don't have a second jacket [should I?], so I would have to buy another in the meantime, which is financially not an option right now. Neither is riding without a jacket!
I've had Tourmaster jackets in the past and haven't had a problem (although none of mine had "velvety" sleeves). They are a top company and not prone to defective clothing. If it were me and the issue had nothing to do with the actual performance of the jacket, I'd leave it alone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Depends on how much the jacket was. If it was rather expensive I would probably want a refund. If it was cheap I would repair it myself.

You can buy motorbike jackets 2nd hand on the internet for very little money. You could buy a ratty old one, then wait for the refund and then buy a nice new one from the refund money.

I don't know that brand but if it falls apart after little use I would probably buy a different brand next time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Do you find that the sleeves ride up in riding position when the liner is in your Bilt Techno jacket? I just picked up the same one and noticed that. Without the liner in, the jacket feels a lot less "constricted" so to speak.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do you find that the sleeves ride up in riding position when the liner is in your Bilt Techno jacket? I just picked up the same one and noticed that. Without the liner in, the jacket feels a lot less "constricted" so to speak.
I can say sometimes after removal it take a little time to get it back in place with the loops snapped in and fully extended, but once i have it it place it seems fine. If I do a rush job it will ride up the wrist a bit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can say sometimes after removal it take a little time to get it back in place with the loops snapped in and fully extended, but once i have it it place it seems fine. If I do a rush job it will ride up the wrist a bit.
Not quite understanding you.

"it take a little time to get it back in place with the loops snapped in and fully extended, but once i have it it place it seems fine"

Do you mean when you are putting the jacket on and fastening the velcro cuffs?

·
Registered
366 Posts

"it take a little time to get it back in place with the loops snapped in and fully extended, but once i have it it place it seems fine"

Inside the cuff there are two snap loops (mine are red) about 3 inches or so on the inside of the sleeve. The jacket has the loops sewn in and the liner has the the snap loop (near the end of the sleeve on the outside) that you put through and fasten to prevent the liner from riding up the arm.

·
Registered
366 Posts

1) Web loops inside jacket sleeve
2) Open snaps outside liner sleeve
3) Liner in place with snaps secured through loops to prevent riding up

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
1) Web loops inside jacket sleeve
2) Open snaps outside liner sleeve
3) Liner in place with snaps secured through loops to prevent riding up
Oh okay lol gotcha. I snap mine in place any time it's in. I find that when I secure them, the jacket's sleeves shorter because if you look at it, the liner is actually smaller than the jacket itself so when you have the liner secured in place the jacket gets restricted to the size of the liner thus feeling smaller/shorter (in my opinion)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts