Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collect my Rebel 500 tomorrow (yes, they are open on a Sunday arvo here in Thailand).
It will come with a few accessories.
However, the one item I can not source and have not seen, is a suitable top box.
I wont be needing that tiny pillion seat and hope to be able to fit a box where the pillion seat is located.

Has anyone done that yet?

Any suggestions?

Ride safe and best wishes from rainy Thailand.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
My mate here made the brackets to fit on the Fender & used a nylon chopping board as a base. He fitted a Givvi box to it, looks good.
There are plenty of rack options here, join the Thai Honda rebel club on FB, plenty of people selling thier designs & efforts on there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think that Hepco rack can be found cheaper without the attached backrest... it's been posted here before somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Hepco rack without sissybar is (in germany) Euro 109.00. But i think the solorack for HD Sportster 883 or Dyna could do fine. Im planning to do so. Its just ca Euro 40.00 on ebay.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, thanks for the info re Hepco rack CueBaller.
Look forward to reading about your rack of choice Kradmelder.
Regards

·
Registered
132 Posts
What should I say?
For me, it looks somewhat like a rocketeer´s bike? :wink2:
Or like a bike from a small-business mortician? :wink2:

Whatsoever, it is in the eye of the beholder. :smile2:
But it´s no good, to haul freight and crates so high above the ground. The bike goes easy out of control, esp. in higher speeds and turns. Better is a low centre of gravity. :|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts