Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 300 six weeks ago, and I'm taking off this weekend for my first road trip. Installed a top case yesterday in addition to the sidecases I bought several weeks ago.
Pluses: plenty of storage space, the Givi cases are economically priced and easy to open/close and mount/dismount.
Minuses: The side cases are fine but the top case destroys the line of the bike. It makes it look like somebody tried to beat the poor thing to death with an ugly stick. Needless to stay, the top box stays in storage when I'm not traveling.

Oh, and the road trip? Central Vietnam, from Quy Nhon on the coast to Pleiku in the Central Highlands. Monsoon season has just finished, still nice and cool, so it should be a lovely trip. Plus I have some old friends to visit up there. I'll post pics next week.

[Edit: forgot the pic]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Which side cases are those? Edit: I see the Givi logo now. Really curious to know how you got the side cases mounted. I thought Givi didn’t make monokey side mounts for the rebel? If you got it to work though I may try to follow a similar path.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Which side cases are those? Edit: I see the Givi logo now. Really curious to know how you got the side cases mounted. I thought Givi didn’t make monokey side mounts for the rebel? If you got it to work though I may try to follow a similar path.
NOTE: the OP is located in Vietnam and has access to Givi parts that may not be available in all markets... ie I could not find the Givi SB2000 on the US site.

As there doesn't appear to be a Rebel specific mount available he probably used one of these universal Givi SB2000 mounts to mount the E22 side cases.

Givi SB2000 LINK

Givi SB2000 version 2 LINK

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah that makes sense. Thanks!
I ordered the cases through my local accessories dealer. Givi has a factory in Vietnam so I received cases and mounting brackets as a package. They fit the bike perfectly so I think the brackets are specifically for the 300. All up price, BTW, was about US$300 including shipping and fitting.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I ordered the cases through my local accessories dealer. Givi has a factory in Vietnam so I received cases and mounting brackets as a package. They fit the bike perfectly so I think the brackets are specifically for the 300. All up price, BTW, was about US$300 including shipping and fitting.
Could you slip one of side cases off and take pictures of the mounting bracket from several angles?

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you slip one of side cases off and take pictures of the mounting bracket from several angles?
Happy to do so. First pic was taken this morning at the top of the road heading up to the Vietnamese Central Highlands. Lovely stretch of road with plenty of bends and switchbacks... and the occasional bus coming the other way straddling the centerlin
e, just to keep things interesting.
The brackets, as you can see, are two piece on each side. As soon as I get home I'll chase up the Givi part numbers for you.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOTE: the OP is located in Vietnam and has access to Givi parts that may not be available in all markets... ie I could not find the Givi SB2000 on the US site.

As there doesn't appear to be a Rebel specific mount available he probably used one of these universal Givi SB2000 mounts to mount the E22 side cases.

Givi SB2000 LINK

Givi SB2000 version 2 LINK
I just checked. The part number for the Rebel-specific brackets is SBL2000,

·
Registered
284 Posts
I just checked. The part number for the Rebel-specific brackets is SBL2000,
Thanks for the pictures and mount part number that you used on your Rebel.

The SBL2000 mount is also universal fit as the SB2000v2 mount I noted in my post above. They both appear to be the same...coming with an assortment of brackets with holes to make them fully adaptable to many bikes. So far I have only been able to find these mounts in Asia. I'm gonna check with Givi USA next week to see if they are available here. The E22 bags you have are readily available here so all we need is the mounting hardware.

Givi SBL2000 universal mount used on your bags

Givi SB2000v2 universal mount

·
Registered
284 Posts
SBL2000 universal mount as used on your bike

·
Registered
284 Posts
concerning availability of the SBL2000 mount in the USA

I contacted Givi USA today and this was the response.

Me:

Message: Is the Givi SBL2000 universal bag mount available in the US? I'm looking to mount some Givi E22N side cases on a 2019 Honda CMX 500 (Rebel 500). A Google search finds them available in Asia but I'd like to buy from a US vendor.

Givi USA response:

Hi Ross,

Many thanks for your email. Unfortunately that is not something we have ever carried in the states. I will check with my CEO and see if we can get that product from the factory and I will let you know what he says.

Best regards.

GIVI USA Inc.
506 E. Glendale Ave, Sparks, NV 89431
Phone: 775-359-0900 – Fax: 775-359-1949

Reactions: rkpalmerjr

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
you'd think they would be able to get any product the manufacturer makes. even when I order Hepco & Becker parts from the Us dealer (motomachines) and they don't have it, the distributor order it from Germany and then ship it to me. seems it could work the same for Givi distributor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts